CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: YOU CAN'T GO TO A FORMAL WITHOUT A DATE

"So let me get this straight-" I begin, pacing around the room as Scott scurries around searching for his phone

"So let me get this straight-" I begin, pacing around the room as Scott scurries around searching for his phone. "Derek brought Jackson to his house to kill him because Peter told him to, then you showed up to save Jackson, but then Derek tried to kill you too and then hunters showed up showering you guys with bullets, you got shot, Derek tried to save you and then your boss found you and helped you recover?" I question, repeating the details he had told us had happened last night.

Scott nods. "Yeah, that's right."

I furrow my brows. "That's kind of a lot to take in, Scott!"

"I know! I just need to find my phone and find out if he's ok. Call it again." He orders Stiles.

Stiles brings his head to his hands, still sat on a chair in besides me. "It's not here."

Scott doesn't listen and continues to still vigorously search around the room, as I still try to process everything he's told us.

"So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles suggests.

Scott dives to the ground and looks under his bed. "I can't afford a new one! And I can't do this alone - we have to find Derek."

I raise a brow, looking at Stiles. "He's kind of got a point."

My brother narrows his eyes at me. "Well, A, he's not alone - he has us."

Yes, the two un-supernatural kids who have absolutely no idea what's going on, and their sanity is holding on by a thread. A great alternative to the guy who actually knows what's going on and how to handle it - and actually can.

"And B, you said Derek walked into gunfire - he sounds pretty dead." Stiles continues. He can't be dead. I needed him too, to help me against Peter. I hadn't told either boys yet, about what Derek had told me about his uncle wanting me in his pack. I wasn't sure if I was going to at all - I just didn't want them to worry about me, especially when we already had so much to worry about. Besides, it's not like they could do anything.

Scott pulls open his wardrobe. "Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him."

"Alright, so just let them do what they're planning, y'know? They use Derek to get Peter - problem solved." Stiles says and for once I actually agree with him. The Argents killing Peter would actually solve all our problems. Except they'd probably kill Derek as well in the process.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Scott exclaims, throwing clothes out of his bathroom. "I can't protect her on my own. Which means we need to find Derek first. Just...just help me!"

I sigh. "Look, we can help you Scott but I'm like 99.9% sure your phone is not here. You probably dropped it when you were fighting or running away."

Stiles nods. "Yeah, when he was trying to kill you! After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson. Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here?"