1 | Devour

Blood.

Blood everywhere.

On the walls, the floor.

Lips and teeth covered in blood, flesh being torn apart, dark, glowing eyes filled with a primal hunger.

No way out.

How could this happen? You were just drinking tea at your favorite café mere moments ago, and now you are here. In this cold, dark alleyway, the metallic scent of blood infiltrating your nostrils, and the sound of bones cracking and flesh getting ripped apart echoing off the walls.

You can't seem to cry or scream, you are just completely paralyzed with fear.

There's a sharp pain in your left leg, but it isn't as bad as the pain in your heart as you witness the cold, lifeless body of mother in front of you, being torn to shreds by a hungry ghoul. You are hidden behind a big garbage bin, your hands covering your mouth to muffle your breathing as the ghoul devours your only parent left.

But you know the ghoul senses you being around, it's just a matter of time until he finally finds you. Until you'll meet the same fate as your poor mother.

The only way out of this doomed alleyway is past the ghoul, but then he would definitely catch you. Ghouls are way faster than humans, after all. Besides that, your leg is too injured to make a run for it, since the ghoul injured it with his Kagune. Your only hope left is that maybe, in some sick luck, the ghoul would be satisfied enough after eating your mother.

Your hopes are short lived, though, as a cold, calloused hand firmly grabs your shoulder, making you yelp out in fear before you can stop yourself.

"I found the kid." A deep, raspy voice sounds from behind you, making the hairs on your neck stand up straight.

The other ghoul looks up from his meal, a bloody toothed grin on his face as he gets up and walks towards you, making you cower down in fear. "Well well well, isn't she quite the cutie?" He comments as he firmly grabs your chin, his black and red eyes staring down at you. "We're gonna have a lot of fun with you, little girl." The man says, resulting in tears rolling down your face.

"N-no, please..." You stammer out, making the ghoul laugh. "Awe come on, we'll make sure to be quick. Don't worry about it."

He then grabs you by the leg, his nails digging into your open wound as he drags you towards him, making you cry out in pain. "Stop! Please!" You loudly scream, until his rough hand makes contact with your cheek, leaving a stinging sensation on your skin.

"Be quiet, you fucking bitch." The man commands as he grabs you by the throat, a choked gasp leaving your lips. "I fucking hate whiny brats like you. I'll shut you up for once and for all." The man hisses at you, his grip on your neck tightening. Spots of black fill your vision, feeling your consciousness slowly fade away.

'This is the end.' You think to yourself. 'At least I'll see my parents again. I hope that I've been a good person...'

...

'No...!'

'Please!'

'I don't want to die...!!'

-
Earlier that day...

It's 3 PM when your mother picks you up from school, the chill of spring settling into your clothes. You pout, making your way over to your mother, whose eyebrows crease with concern as she sees your displeased expression.

"Hey honey — what's the matter?" She asks, her hand rubbing circles over your back in a soothing way as the two of you start your walk home.

You huff, debating on telling her what happened at school today or keeping it to yourself. But before you can stop yourself, the word vomit comes out.