Chapter XIV "Responsibility"

Kim Chaewon spent the night at Yunjin's place.

She woke up first, just a few minutes before Yunjin's alarm went off. As Yunjin slept, Chaewon couldn't take her tired gaze off the beautiful face of the girl next to her.

She couldn't quite understand how she ended up in the arms of that girl, how she managed to kiss her and wake up next to her with the daylight illuminating her face. Everything sounded unreal, but here she was, living it.

She had so many things on her mind to discuss with Yunjin, things to tell her, things to ask her. There, lying next to her, she just wished she could share all her thoughts with her and learn all of hers.

Is it possible to truly know someone who hides behind fear of being hurt?

Despite the difficulty, Chaewon felt there was a possibility, and she was seizing it. After facing Yunjin at the café, she could feel the drastic change between them, and not in a negative way. She felt a positive change, one directed towards Chaewon's eager heart.

As she sorted through her thoughts, she began to gently caress Yunjin's still sleeping face, moving her hair away and tucking it behind her ears, then covering her properly with the blankets as she felt her body getting cold.

When Yunjin's alarm went off, she woke up immediately, to which Chaewon pretended to be asleep, closing her eyes quickly.

"Are you awake?" Yunjin asked in a hoarse voice as she turned off her phone alarm.

Chaewon didn't respond.

In the absence of an answer, Yunjin snuggled up next to her, fixing Chaewon's side of the bed, which barely covered her body. After a few seconds of just watching her sleep, Yunjin kissed her forehead affectionately.

Chaewon felt all the chemistry in her body react, the typical butterflies that had been bothering her all month returned. Would having Yunjin as a girlfriend be like this? A warm and welcoming awakening, with her arms around her, receiving tender caresses.

"Hey, Chaewon," she whispered as she gently rocked her body.

Chaewon responded by slowly opening her eyes, as if awakening.

"Hey sleepyhead."

"Um," she emitted as she let out a yawn.

"I have classes today, and as much as I'd love to stay in bed with you all day, I can't miss them."

"You're leaving?" Chaewon looked at her with tenderness mixed with a hint of sadness.

"Unfortunately, yes. And I have a very long day ahead, so I have two options for you. One: you can stay here until I come back. There's food stored that you just need to heat up, and if you want to freshen up, I can lend you some things, but I'll be back quite late. And two: we leave together now, and I drop you off at your place, and we'll see each other again whenever we both have time to enjoy each other's company."

Yunjin's hoarse tone and genuine gaze softened Chaewon's entire heart. Her words conveyed genuine concern about not being able to be there and spend the day with Chaewon.

"Well, I think I'll go out with you and go home. I really appreciate the offer to stay, but I have to work and study for the Suneung too... Also, didn't you say we could see each other tomorrow? If you want, you can come to my place, or we can go out somewhere..."

"Yeah, I get off a little earlier tomorrow, and we can do something."

Yunjin smiled at her with more tranquility, observing her with so much tenderness that Chaewon wished she could preserve that moment forever.