Willow Buds

Happy Sunday, and Happy end of the publishing break!!! (And Happy Cinco de Mayo too, I guess). I did not write as much as I should have, but for now, I can continue publishing at our normal schedule.

READ THIS NOTE BEFORE BEGINNING THE CHAPTER:

In case you all don't remember, Teddy Lupin is a two-and-a-half year old character that exists in this story. Not a major character but there nevertheless. And, as is evident by the tags, I wrote him to have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in this story. I also have him attending ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) therapy. Yes, two year olds can be diagnosed with autism and be sent to ABA therapy. Everything described in this story is something that I have seen firsthand and/or have studied professionally.

I Must Say this, because people on discord attempted to slaughter me at the mere mention of writing a child with autism...

The ABA Therapy being portrayed in this story is NOT archaic beginning-of-times ABA. This is modern, humane, and ethical ABA, emphasizing the learning of skills to help individuals with autism.

Also know that even then, Not All ABA is Perfect, and the route that a therapist will go in treatment for some things depends on the parents' wishes. (That means, if a parent says "make my kid talk," the therapist needs to try teaching the kid to talk, even if they may be better off learning sign language, or using a communication device). I am not at all syaing that Every single thing portrayed in this chapter is the Best way to do things. It's not. However, it is all being approached in the most ethical way possible. That, I can promise. I know that ABA is a controversial subject, especially in regards to how it was practiced in the past, as well as in regards to fraudulent centers that harm/ed children purposefully. I am studying ABA professionally, and am taking extreme care in portraying things accurately.

Furthermore, we are in the year 2000 story-wise. As you all may know by now, I pride myself on accuracy. This includes accuracy of the times. Many of our beloved main characters may not be sure what autism is, or may not be great at articulating, explaining, or generally talking about autism or Teddy Lupin. Some of what our characters say in this story may come off as rude, offensive, ignorant, or simply way off the mark. (This is especially in regard to blond sheltered purebloods and clueless scatterbrained brunets with glasses).

If you feel the need to comment an opinion, please remember that this is a place to read and enjoy stories, not to begin arguments about the nuances of ABA, Autism, or early intervention.

Finally, for extra precaution: This story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.That means that if you think I am talking about someone that you know when writing about these fictional, non-existant children with autism, No I Am Not.With all of that said, please, let me know what you all think (Keep comments respectful). And, as always...

Enjoy!

Edit: I have changed the word 'cracker' to the word 'biscuit' for accuracy. I am American.