Chapter 4

Vladimir quickly regains his composure and exits the car leading you into the building, his emotions now back to being cold and unemotional.

The guards greet you as you enter the building. Vladimir keeps a hand on your back as you ride the elevator to the top floor and arrive at your lavish penthouse. He leads you inside, still keeping his distance and not giving you the comfort or reassurance you were hoping for after that intimate moment that you just had in the car.

You head into the dressing room and begin to take off your clothes, removing your dress and leave only the underwear and a robe. You gather the necessary items and head into the bathroom, filling up the bath, light some candles and put on some calming music, creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere. You step into the hot water and let it soothe and comfort you.

While you are in the bath, Vladimir heads off to the bedroom and sits on the edge of the bed, a sense of emptiness and sadness filling his body. He runs a hand through his hair "Fuck..."

He still remembers the first day he saw you, the chase and the forced consent. He remembers how he took you the first time and the way you trembled afterwards. He remembers the first time he beat you just because you disobeyed one of his orders and the way you looked at him in terror.

////////

As your warm bath comes to an end, you dry yourself off and dress in a silk pajama set. You look at the bath, reminiscing on how difficult it was to get a warm bath when you lived on the streets and had to beg and steal just to survive. Vladimir's words keep ringing in your ears.

You head to the living room, where you lounge next to the large window and look out at the city. It is a calming and relaxing view, one that makes you feel at peace with the world and your thoughts. This is your favorite place to relax and unwind.

You start to sing a lullaby, your tone soothing and calming. Vladimir can hear your voice from the bedroom, his attention drawn to it immediately. He walks towards you, drawn by your sweet and melodious voice. He has never heard you sing like this before.

Vladimir walks closer to you, taking in the sound of your voice. "I've never heard you sing before." It is like sweet music to his ears, a soothing and calming melody that helps him forget all of the problems of the world.

As he approaches you he smiles wistfully.

You immediately stop singing and lower your head.

"Please don't stop" Vladimir says softly, his voice tinged with sadness and longing for your sweet and soothing voice. His expression has changed and now his face looks much more relaxed and less shadowy.

You resume your lullaby, the sweet and soothing sound filling the entire room. Vladimir seems to be lost in a trance.

As your voice reaches the climax of the song and wraps up with the final verse, Vladimir's emotions and feelings stirred up by your voice, feeling overwhelmed by a mix of emotions he cannot resist any longer and pulls you towards him in an intimate and passionate embrace.

His arms holding you close, his body warm and firm against yours. You place your hand on top of his, and he wraps his fingers around yours, intertwining them together. His breath is hot and heavy against your neck, you both close your eyes and takes in the moment, savoring the warmth and closeness of the embrace.

After a few moments, he pulls away slightly and looks at you intently, his gaze full of longing and desire. This close and intimate embrace has awakened something deep within him, and he is finding it difficult to resist the temptation of wanting more.

"You are so beautiful" he whispers softly, his eyes locked on yours. You feel the intensity of his desire and craving, and you find yourself drawn to it as well. Slowly he kisses your neck and shoulders, his hand cradling your body and his touch sending ripples of pleasure through you.

"Mmhh... aahh" you moan.

His touch and kisses create a feeling of ecstasy, and you are beginning to melt in his arms.

"Vladimir..."

"Yes?" his tone playful yet sensual.

You place your hands on his chest and slide them towards his neck. The feeling of your hands sliding down the back of his neck causes a shiver of pleasure and he closes his eyes and enjoys the sensation.

This moment is abruptly interrupted by the ringing of his phone, causing him to freeze and stiffen. He doesn't react instantly, but takes a moment to register the sound. Finally, he lets out a frustrated sigh and pulls out his phone, looking at the screen.

"God damn it" he mumbles under his breath, a look of annoyance filling his face.

His frustration is felt as the moment of intimacy is broken, but the feeling is accompanied by concern for whoever is calling him.

He takes a deep breath and picks up the phone.

"I'm not going to like this" Vladimir mutter's under his breath. Andrei rarely calls so late at night, whatever the news is, it must have been serious enough.

"We've had a breach in our security." Andrei says gravely with concern and worry. "The Americans have found one of our safe houses and are about to come after us. I've contacted our men, and they are evacuating all our operation. We've already lost one base, and if they find another..." his voice now more panicked.

"How long until they arrive on the scene?" Vladimir eyes narrowing with concern. The Americans are notorious for their intelligence gathering capabilities, and this violation means that they were able to get closer to his military warheads.

"They will be there within the hour" Andrei replies. "Our men are evacuating as quickly as they can, but the Americans are coming with Task Force 141. This is not good."

Vladimir's expression changes and you start to worry.

His expression grows darker and more menacing. He knows how capable and determined Task Force 141 is with Captain Price at the helm, and that they will not give up until they find him.

"Andrei, I need to prepare. Tell our men to evacuate and hide for the time being. I will handle Captain Price myself."

"What are you going to do?" Andrei asks.

"I have a plan." Vladimir replies calmly. "The Task Force think they have me cornered, but they are too focused on the safe house and our men. I will use this as a distraction. They won't want to follow me, I will have a surprise waiting for them." and he concludes the call.

"Vladimir, what's going on?" You immediately ask him worriedly.

He looks at you seriously "The Americans have found one of our safe houses, and they are sending a Task Force to find me. They think they are close and that I'm on the run." he explains. "Andrei has contacted our men and they are evacuating as quickly as they can. I'm going to meet them and lead them away from the safe house, so that they don't find my other locations."

"Don't tell me you're going alone?!" you get up and grab his arm.

"I have to go alone. They are too organized and well-trained to be easily beaten. I need to be able to maneuver quickly and unpredictably to throw them off their game. I'll catch them off-guard and let them think they have me, then I'll pull off a surprise attack. I need to be alone so that I can plan and make my own decisions. I'll be careful, I promise. But I need to go now."

You don't have time to reply, he kisses you softly on the cheek leaving behind the scent of his cologne, before he quickly leaves and heads outside, leaving you alone in the penthouse.

The night is peaceful and quiet in contrast to the storm that is brewing inside you. The worry that something might happen to your husband drives you crazy. The sound of your heart is replacing the silence of the house.

And the only thing you can do is wait.

_______________________________

Angst and moments of truth are about to loom in the life of the protagonist. The next chapters will be full of emotion and sadness, perhaps even hope❓

Any comments are appreciated! Let me know what you think.