Chapter 5

Hours pass slowly, with nothing but the sound of your own heartbeat as you sit alone and wait. You cannot help but worry and wonder where he has gone and what he is doing.

After about four hours, you hear a sound on the front door. You quickly head to the door and open it, unsure of what to expect.

You open the door to find Vladimir standing there, his expression as cold and detached as ever. He seems more tired and weary than before though, his eyes looking exhausted and worn.

He stares at you for a moment, as if assessing your reaction, before stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"Vladimir?!" you say worriedly.

"Shhh..." he whispers sharply, putting a finger up to his lips. He is exhausted and worn out, his face and body giving the impression of a man who has just been through a grueling ordeal. He leans against the wall and takes in a deep breath, his shoulders slumping as he regains his composure.

"I'm back."

Your heart squeezes as you recognize the subtle and faint changes in his body language, movements, and expressions. When he is like this is a dangerous person, sharp and ruthless, and you need to be careful. You have to watch every word you say and not to upset him or say anything that might anger him.

He is tired and exhausted, but also alert and vigilant, dangerous and volatile, ready to erupt at any moment.

"My love, how are you?"

"I am exhausted, mentally and physically." his voice low and hoarse. The tension is still present in the features of his face, as if he has just faced a gruelling battle.

"Can I do someth..."

Vladimir cuts you off with a quick gesture, his eyes looking sharp and intense. You instantly recognize the warning signs, and you know that now is not the time for idle chatter or pointless words.

You bite your lip and turn your face away, leaving him alone in the room.

Andrei enters the house a moment later and with his Commander they start planning a strategy, their voices rising and falling as they speak. They talk for hours, their eyes focused on the pc screen. The atmosphere is thick with tension and stress, and they seem exhausted. Vladimir is smoking nervously and Andrei is pacing around the room, unable to sit still for long.

Several hours pass and the anxiety is killing you so you decide to join them in the living room.

When you enter the living room the two men immediately stop what they are doing and stare at you.

Andrei bows his head in a gesture of respect "Ma'am..." his expression neutral and his tone formal. Vladimir's gaze is cold and emotionless, as if he were looking right through you.

"Are you still working? It's 4 o'clock in the morning..."

"Yes, we were just discussing our next move." Vladimir replies curtly. He is clearly in a dark mood, and you know from his tone that he does not want to talk to you right now.

"Can I..." but when you begin to speak, Vladimir cuts you off immediately. He is in no mood for any kind of conversation or interaction.

He simply says "Leave." His tone is sharp and cold, and he makes it clear that he does not want you in the room right now.

"Please I..."

His expression suddenly darkens, his eyes piercing. "I said, LEAVE!".

You walk out of the room, your heart pumping rapidly as you feel hurt and disappointed.