Chapter 8

You're at the business meeting, still playing the role of the perfect wife who remains at her husband's side at all times. You are always smiling and looking beautiful and elegant, and no one would ever believe the hell you're living through. You are doing a great job of acting like everything is wonderful, even though your heart is completely broken inside.

The evening has come to an end, and your husband is escorting you to the limousine. He has been by your side all night, and he has been incredibly charming to everyone.

As you enter the limousine, the mask you've been displaying all evening falls away, and your expression becomes bleak and tired, your eyes staring outside and refusing to look at your husband. The night has been exhausting for you, and you feel completely drained of all your energy.

You notice that Vladimir is looking at you through the reflection of the window, and his expression is filled with a strange mixture of concern, pain, and even sadness. He can see how exhausted and drained you look, and he knows that he's the cause of it all.

You both arrive at the penthouse, and the chauffeur lets you out of the car. You enter in the flat, and he leads you inside. As he closes the door behind you, the mood suddenly becomes very heavy and uncomfortable. You can see the dark and gloomy expression on his face.

"We need to talk" he says with a stern and firm voice. Your heart starts to pound against your chest not sure what you did, but you already know this is not going to be good.

"I did what you wanted..." He doesn't let you finish. "Yes, you acted like you always do and followed my commands without any complaints."

"I don't understand the meaning of all this"

"I want you to act like you love me, is that so difficult?" he insists, "I know you have a hard time forgiving me or forgetting what I've said. But can you pretend even if your heart is hurting inside? Is that so much to ask for?"

Vladimir has not yet accepted this choice of yours and agreed to pretend. In the end he was used to your attention to your dreamy and loving look but now... now... he can no longer stand the act he has been instructing you in for months.

It seems like he truly believes that you should be able to just turn back all the hurt and pain with the click of your fingers. He expects you to treat him the way you did before, as if nothing has happened between you two.

You do not believe what you are hearing.

"I WAS LOOKING FOR YOUR LOVE! Instead you treated me shabbily! Now you want my love?! You, who don't know what it means to love someone?!" you scream so loud that your throat hurts. "I will be your fucking whore, your perfect wife! But don't ask me to love you after everything you've told me!"

Your words cut deeply, he stays silent for some time, letting your words sink in. Finally, he mutters, "No, I understand. I understand what I did and what I have done to make you hate me so much. My only complaint was that you have stopped showing me any affection." He sighs "I miss that side of you... I had finally gotten used to your attention, and the attention you sought from me"

"You talking about affection?"

"Yes, I am talking about affection." Now he is the one raising his voice "I know you can no longer love me, and I understand that. But can you at least pretend that you do? Can you at least act like you're happy and not so cold? I need that from you now... I need that from my wife."

"Vladimir do you realise that what you are asking me makes no sense? Would you really be okay with me pretending to love you just to have me with you? Just because you don't accept that this is all just a lie created by you months ago?"