𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐🤍

The next day, Sneed and Jack were put on the duty of deciding whether prisoners get hung or if they are safe. Jack was quite enjoying it, until he recognised the voice he dreaded to hear. "Alright Dodger?" the doctor stood up almost instantly, dragging Fagin to the back of the hospital. "Why are you here Fagin?" Jack said while his scowling eyes scanned Fagin's person for any weapons. "You're supposed to be dead." Jack muttered and waited for an answer impatiently. "I'm just here to visit my old friend, Hello Dodger." Fagin responded. The doctor jabbed a finger in Fagin's chest causing the elder to stumble back a bit. "I am not your friend Fagin, you left me there, at 13 stuck in a prison," Jack's eyes shooting daggers at Fagin. "if i hadn't escaped, i would be dead right now, dead. And thats what i thought you were." Fagin let out a smirk as Dodger rubbed his temples trying to cut out the throbbing headache that had grown in his mind while shouting at his old 'friend'. "Look Dodge, i'm sorry for not coming to get you, but i was arrested too after that, you gotta believe me, i was sentenced to a hanging next week, help your old man out, you don't want to see your father figure hanging from a rope, do you? and," Fagin started, watching Jack look from the floor with a panicked look on his face. "i bet your little hospital friends don't know about your past, as a escaped convict back in London and it would be oh such a shame for them to fire you, oh and then hang you with me." Dawkins bit his lip and thought for a second, wondering what to do with the old rag. "Fine, you can be helpful, you will follow me around like a servant, unless you want to get hung? And our past stays a secret, i'm a changed man Fagin, i'm 28 now, i've thrived for myself for 15 years, and i don't need your pity words to ruin this for me, okay?" He said all that whispering but yelling at the same time. Fagin nodded and walked next to the surgeon to the front of the Hospital. Jack smiled and nodded telling the guards Fagin is his assistant now and for the rest of the convicts to be sent to Sneed. "grab my bag" Jack told Fagin, which made Fagin laugh until his smile dropped seeing the doctors serious face. "i'm not getting your bag." Jack's face grew more serious "i said pick up the bag Fagin." after that, Fagin rolled his eyes and picked up the bag, giving Dodger a fake smile until he turned around and walked into the hospital, with his new assistant following behind. Jack led him up to a little room, throwing a pillow and a blanket on the floor, supposedly being a made up bed for Fagin. "Dr Dawkins, it's Lady Y/n, she woke up, and shes asking to talk to you." Hetty shouted up to his room. With a smile on his face, Jack glared at Fagin while telling him to stay up here and don't move, then proceeded to run downstairs as quick as he can to get to the needy patient. "Jack?" Y/n said without much certainty looking towards the door after hearing footsteps through the hall. "Hello there" jack said softly while placing himself at the end of her bed. "thank you," you said while smiling but your eyes were sad "i wouldn't have lived of it wasn't for you helping me, I'm forever grateful for you Jack." you finished saying and then started to fiddle with your fingers while looking down at them. "its my pleasure, as long as your healthy." he whispered but still making sure you heard it clearly. He got up to leave when you suddenly grabbed his wrist, smirking at him. "you know where i live, come over some time, through the window preferably." Jack's eyes widened as he let a smirk cover his lips "of course m'lady" he bowed and walked out of the room leaving you a complete and utter mess. Shortly after, you fell asleep, leaving the room completely silent.