𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖🤍

Y/n's POV-

Me and Belle hurried home as it was already 3, meaning i only have 3 hours until dinner.

I practically ran upstairs, my leg throbbing as it hit the floor. It was healed but i still had problems with it but it was hurting a lot worse today. I shrugged it off, which i probably shouldn't have done but it's not like i'm going to go visit Jack now, not after today.

I stumbled into my room, sliding my back down against my door and lifting up my dress to see my scar, which to my surprise, was now infected terribly. I held back my tears and began taking off my dress completely. Running my hands through my wardrobe, trying to find a delicate dress, i came across the one i wore when i was hit by the horse and carriage, i let out a sigh and moved my fingers to the one next to it. A red and black dress with lace finishing it off.

The maid came to help me get ready and then i began to do my hair, defining my curls and just letting it down loosely. All that was on my mind was Jack and Belle, with no shame, kissing. The jealousy started to fade and i felt upset, a stray tear falling down my face until i wiped it off on the back of my hand. Ladies should never cry, not over a man anyway.

"Y/n? Can we talk?" a familiar voice shouted from the other side of my oak door.

"Come in."

"Look, Y/n, you don't know how much i love you, and i just need you to understand that i love him too." Belle said, making my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach. I was glad my sister finally found someone for her, but did it have to be Jack, my Jack?

"It's fine, as long as you're happy, i'm happy" i muttered, shooting her a small, forced smile.

"So you don't mind that i invited him to dinner tonight, Fanny invited Sneed and of course you have Charles." Wow, definitely not taking it slow then are they?

"Definitely not, i have Charles."

"Thats why i love you, you always put others before yourself!" She ran up to me, pulling me into a hug. My leg hit hers and i let out a little cry for help. She noticed and backed away, nodding and then running out of my room to get dressed. Why did i agree to that? I don't know, all i knew is that i still love him, and i always will.

Jack's POV-

After i had gotten dressed in my best, i checked the clock, 5:45.

shit.

"Fagin! i'm leaving, will you be able to come out to town with me tomorrow, we need to buy some stuff from the market!"

"Yeah, bye dodge!!" He replied, i rolled my eyes when he called me dodge, after i've told him a million times thats in the past, he just doesn't listen.

When i got downstairs, Hetty passed me in the halls, she looked furious. It wasn't me who kissed Belle, i just kissed back.

Y/n's POV-

Just over ten minutes after i got ready, my mother heard a carriage pull up outside, Charles!

I walked slowly downstairs this time, knowing my leg was infected, but i wouldn't let it ruin my night.

Me, mother, father, Fanny, Sneed and Belle stood at the front of the house as Charles stepped out of the door. He was more handsome as i expected, he had brown hair, fluffy and messy. His eyes were a greenish colour and his smile imprinted a smile on my face.

He bowed, i didn't know until Fanny told me later but i was blushing like a mad person. We made our way inside and Jack arrived, sitting opposite me, and next to his secret lover.

"So, Charles, what are your intentions with my daughter?" My father spoke out, Charles' eyes widened and he laughed.

"Father!" I was shocked by his words.

"Oh don't worry love, i don't mind. Sir, my intentions with your daughter are only to treat her right. She deserves a love that will fulfil everything she wants." He turned to look at me and this time i knew i was as red as a ladybird. Jack coughed all of a sudden, causing my head to look at him. He didn't want to be rude, but he was.

"Oh yes, sorry Jack, excuse me and my potential future..husband, we're just trying to bond." I scowled at him, while standing up to go to the bathroom, however, my leg throbbed, causing me to scream out in pain and collapse to the floor. I must've passed out, but before i did, there he was, kneeled next to me, with my head in his lap, cupping my face in his hands. It looked like he was about the cry, and then, everyone and every thing went pitch black.

Jack's POV-

Y/n stood up, i was admiring how beautiful she looked in her dress until she dropped to the floor, screaming. Without a doubt, i was running there, kneeling at her side. 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓. i remember thinking, she was my everything, and thats when i realised, I love her.

Tears welled up in my eyes and i cupped her gorgeous face in my hands, i wanted to kiss her right then and there. But from the way they looked at each other, Charles and Y/n were in love, love at first sight.

I was about to pick her up and carry her to her bedroom, when two arms wrapped around her. Looking up, i saw it was Charles, rushing out of the dining room and hurrying upstairs, Fanny and Sneed following behind. Then, her parents continued to walk to the stairs.

It was only me and Belle.

I couldn't look at her.

I loved Y/n, forever and always.

A/N-

THANK U SM FOR OVER 200 READSS!! IM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALLL🤍