𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 🤍

Jack's POV-

"I-I.." i stuttered, how did she know we kissed, we haven't had 'congress'. It was purely just an innocent kiss. "We haven't done..it." My voice trembled , was i nervous? Was i supposed to ignore her question?

"Do you love her?"

My head instantly snapped up to look at Belle.

"Jack, this is very important, i care dearly about my sister. I will not let her get her heart broken again, she was a complete and utter state after last time. She, and Fanny, are my life Dr Dawkins. And i will not let you mess her around and i will certainly not let myself fall in love with you if you have or had feelings for my younger sister." She seemed quite out of breath.

"I don't know exactly." i replied, do i love her? Or do i love Belle?

Suddenly, i remembered about Belle mentioning something about Y/n's heart being broken before now. All sorts of different questions and theories filled my mind. 𝑾𝒉𝒐? 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏? 𝑾𝒉𝒚? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅? 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏? 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔. I was, rudely, interrupted by Belle. She really cared about her family more than anything else in this world, thats what really unnerved me about her. The fact she didn't have any second thoughts after almost expressing her own feelings to me.

"Jack, that is not a possible answer to make me feel any better. I need a yes or no, confirmation. Can i fall in love with you or not?" She said it with so much passion, who do i choose?

"You may fall in love with me if you please." Wow, i really said that.

A smile covered the girls face, then, it all happened so quickly. She ran over to me from the wall and, well, kissed me. Without even thinking i kissed back. Until, a voice came from behind us. One i don't know if i can ignore.

"are you.. done." There she was, Lady Y/n. Watching me and her sister make out in front of her eyes.

Y/n's POV-

"i wonder whats taking them so long." i whispered to myself as my friend, Hetty yapped on to me. Her words going through one ear and out the other. I felt bad for not really listening but my mind was somewhere else. 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕? the thought must of crossed my mind almost a million times.

"Hetty, i absolutely love your ideas and stories but i must be getting off. I need to be home for dinner and i'm sure Belle is finished talking to Dr Dawkins. I must go hurry her up anyway. Please come visit the house soon, my mother would love your company." Again, i felt guilty stopping Hetty but my curiosity got the better of me. "yes of course, sorry for waffling on. I will most definitely be over sometime this week. See you shortly Y/n." I smiled at her gently, turning around and walking towards the door, opening it gently.

"are you..done?"

I felt like i had just been stabbed through my heart and the knife was twisting and turning in all sorts of directions.

The man i love, loved, and my eldest sister. Stood there, kissing each other.

I didn't feel like i needed to cry, i just felt angry. I tried to hold it back, but then, he spoke up.

"Y/n! We were just talking about how your leg is doing." He said, quickly pulling away from Belle and brushing his hair back with his fingers.

"Oh yes, have u fetched the files?" Belle responded eagerly, acting like i hadn't seen them basically suffocating each other.