𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑🤍

Later that night, you were sitting in your room, resting as Sneed told you, you roll your eyes at the thought of Sneed. You jump as you hear tapping on your window, without having to look, you instantly knew it was him, Jack. You smiled and gestured for him to come in. He climbed through the window and walked over to your bed, sitting carefully on the end of it. "so, why did u want me to come over Y/n?" Jack questioned while making eye contact with you, you questioned yourself for a second. 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓? you thought to yourself. You decided to come to the conclusion of just shrugging your shoulders with a puzzled look on your face. Jack laughed to himself, his laugh made you smile uncontrollably. Like a smile was painted onto your face. Snapping back into reality, you made up conversation with Jack. Asking him mostly questions about himself as he was quite a secretive person and mostly kept stuff to himself. "so Jack, do you have a wife?" you asked, knowing the answer, which made you blush slightly. "um no, no i do not." Jack said before returning the question "and you? do you have a husband yet?" he asked, also knowing the answer. You shook your head with your lips now in a thin line across your face. "oh yes, my father invited you and Sneed to a dinner tomorrow night if your not busy, the whole family will be there, if I may, It is very likely it's to congratulate you boys and to say thank you, for saving my life." you feel tears fill up your eyes, not knowing why. 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒂𝒎 𝑰 𝒄𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈? 𝒐𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝑰'𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. quickly, pushing that thought to the back of your head, you wiped your tears but more came after them. Jack must have noticed and he lifted my chin up, making eye contact once again. "oh y/n, don't cry you're okay now." Jack whispered softly before pulling you into a tight hug which brought you comfort immediately. You were the first to pull away, obviously not wanting to but it was not the last of Jack and Y/n, you smiled up at Dawkins, Jack stood up and bowed, making you giggle slightly, "goodbye Lady Y/n, i will definitely be there tomorrow" Jack said turning to the window "Goodnight Dr Dawkins, it will be a delight to see you tomorrow evening." you smiled and waved as he climbed back out of the window, but as you were about to lay back down get some rest, the doctor popped his head back in. "put a pillow at the end of your bed and carefully place your leg onto it, keep it elevated." you smiled. "i know what to do doctor." you rolled your eyes. "okay just making sure" he held his hands up like a solider surrendering in battle. He left and you fell asleep with a smile on your face, counting down the hours until dinner the next day.

—time skip to the morning—

As the sun shone through your floral curtains, You woke up, yawning right away. You checked the clock on your wall opposite your four poster bed and read '7:34am'. Relieved it was not as late as you anticipated, you slowly lifted yourself up and swung your legs around to the floor, letting out a quiet wince as your leg landed on the ground. As you stood up, the pain decreased dramatically and felt like just a paper cut. You smiled, remembering the event that happened last night with your doctor. You made your way to your dressing table and brushed your hair, twisting it up into a delicate half up, half down bun. Your naturally curly hair fell in front of your face, framing your features perfectly. Shortly after that, you got up and limped over to your wardrobe, picking out a dress, covered with purple and pink flowers. Just as you finished getting dressed, your door opened, revealing a worried but relieved Belle, making sure her sister was not hurt. "Y/n! what are you doing. If you need to get dressed, come to me in the future, understood?" you giggled at her protectiveness as nodded. "i'm fine Belle, now, if you really do want to help, please help me down the staircase." Belle gently grabbed your arm and led you down the large staircase. When you got to the bottom, Belle let go but instantly opened the dining room door for you. You spot your mother setting the table for breakfast and then she ran up to you, hugging you and pulling you away scanning your body for anymore injuries. "mother, I'm okay, i promise." you say, walking yourself to your seat at the table. Looking at your mother and sister, silently questioning if they were going to sit down. Your sister caught on quick and sat down next to you, after that, your mother sat down too, opposite you both. "where is Fanny?" you ask, curious to where your other sister was. "she's most likely still in bed, i will go get her." Belle said, sitting up from her chair and walking upstairs to Fanny's room, leaving you and your mother alone together. "So, i spoke to Dr Dawkins yesterday." you said, making your mother look up from her food to look at you. "Oh, what did you both talk about?" your mother said with suspicion creeping up. "I asked him if he was coming to the dinner tonight." you said, smiling. "Oh, i thought we were only inviting Sneed to that?" She said, picking at her food with her fork. "Well, i don't see why we can't invite Dr Dawkins too, he also saved my life mother." you said with anger filling your words. "Okay, i guess I'll set another seat up for Dr Dawkins." she said. "I would prefer it if he sat next to me, Fanny can get a bit obsessive over men and Belle despises them. So next to me is the best option." you demanded, hiding a smile on your face. "anyways mother, I'm not very hungry right now, i think I'm going to go on a walk around town, ill make sure to watch out for any carriages this time" you tell her, giggling slightly. She nods and you walk outside, walking into the centre peacefully.

𝓌ℴ𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓁ℴ𝓃𝑔 ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝒷𝓊𝓉 ℴ𝒽 𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓁!

𝓌ℴ𝓇𝒹𝓈- 1087