𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕🤍

"Hetty! My father is hosting a ball for me to find a suitable suitor to marry!" If you can't tell, i am very excited to inform Hetty of this information.

"Y/n, that is wonderful," I smiled but Hetty had a confused expression on her face "but what about Dr Dawkins?" my smile instantly dropped and turned into a disgusted look.

I hate him, no, I loath him.

"Well, if you are given the chance, you may ask Jack about that. But, we are trailing off topic now, i wanted to ask you if you would accompany me to my ball as you are most likely my only friend." She looked at me, she seemed...flattered. Flashing her a smile, she nodded. I didn't know what to do now, do i continue the conversation? Or do i search for Belle to tell her the news? As much as i didn't want to, i knew i had to tell Belle sometime, and it was getting late, she would need to be home soon. The second option it is then.

Jack's POV-

After a good 10 minutes, the kiss ended. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Like i was being unfaithful to Lady Y/n, i mean, we weren't dating. It was one kiss.

After a while of sitting in silence, Belle spoke up.

"Jack, are you going to join us for dinner tonight?"

I was quite taken back by the words coming out of her mouth, she does know that her sister now despises me, right? She looked at me, i sent her a smile gently.

"If your father is okay with it, i don't want to be a burden."

That made her laugh, i don't understand why, but her smile makes me smile so i didn't complain.

"Well, seen as though Charles is going to be there to entertain Y/n, i may need a date too, I'll let Fanny decide whether she would like to invite Sneed."

Jealously. I felt jealous of this Charles person.

"Very well then, I'll be there at 6. See you later M'lady." I bowed, making her giggle slightly then we both walked back into the hospital.

Y/n's POV-

As i walked around the hospital, i didn't spot the lovers. But to be fair, Charlie, a young boy caught my attention and i stopped to talk to him for a bit. He had also been hit by a horse while walking through town, causing us both to have the same scar. It was sweet.

Eventually, the back door opened and in came Belle and Jack. Belle smoothing out her dress and Jack placing his top-hat back onto his messy hair. As soon as the saw me, Jack walked into the other room and Belle just stood and stared, I guess i must look extra nice today.

"Hello Belle, i just wanted to inform you that the carriage is outside, waiting for us. So if you could please hurry along. I need to get ready for Charles."

She sighed, and i shot her a bitter sweet smile, my eyes shooting daggers though. Like i asked, she started walking, picking up the pace, catching up to me. I leant in, whispering something into her ear, resulting in her face turning a crimson colour and making her eyes widen greatly.

"if you fuck him, mother and father will not be happy."

Looking at her reaction, i knew she was worried. Of course i wasn't going to snitch on her for kissing him, i just wanted her to think i would be capable of such the thing.

Jack's POV-

After Belle left, following after Y/n, i walked into the room at the back, passing Hetty on my way in. Then, i felt a hand wrap around my wrist, making my head snap towards it. It was Hetty, who gave me a death stare and then proceeded to drag me into a corner.

"What did you do Jack? You are aware that Lady Y/n now loathes you. Why? You told me you were growing to love her, what ruined that?" Hetty whispered while yelling, her expression turned from angry to disappointed. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚?

"Look, Hetty, i appreciate your concern for mine and Y/n's love life but you do not get to come into my work place and insult me. I was growing to love Y/n, i really was, but sometimes things change. Belle got in the way, i love them both, and i can't break Belles heart, she's too sweet, however, Y/n, i can break hers, i recall Belle telling me about her first heartbreak, she didn't take it well apparently and now i know she can handle it, i can make my decision. I'm attending dinner at their home this evening, Charles will be there for Y/n. She doesn't want me anymore. Like you said, she hates me. I will never be able to get her to love me again, so it's settled, me and Belle are going to be together, she loves me and i love..her. So, if i may, i need to head upstairs to check on Fagin and get myself looking presentable for tonight. I'll see you tomorrow Hetty." my tone changed half way through that, causing my voice to be more demanding than usual, Hetty pushed past me and stormed out into the halls, making sure to slam the door behind her.

𝒅𝒐 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆? 𝑶𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒖𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒀/𝒏?