Chapter 7: so in love that you act insane...

Guess what's finally here?????? 

—————

Reputation had cried for five solid days. On day one all of the colours had seemed to slowly bleed from her life and everything reminded her of lover. On day two she'd thrown up three times on an empty stomach and yelled at fearless when she tried to clean it up. On days three and four she'd finally opened her windows and eaten a meal but the sobbing still hadn't subsided. And on day five fearless had finally dragged her out of solitude to go to the mall and her tears had fallen into her popcorn.

As the sun rose on day six fearless hit her over the head with a pillow and reputation groggily rolled over in bed, the Polaroid clutched tightly in her hands.

'You have been in here for far too long, get up get dressed and go talk to your wifey'

'She's not my wifey fearless she's my ex best friend and long time crush and I can't talk to her or I'll collapse'

'Come on, you and me are gonna go downstairs and make pancakes with debut'

'Oh please I can't be around you and your girlfriend right now'

'She's not my girlfriend!!!!'

'Kettle. Black.'

Fearless dragged her up and frogmarched her downstairs. 

——————

Lover was in full fledged denial. All she had to do was convince herself that she didn't like reputation and that reputation didn't like her (which was likely but she still had to crush her hopeful imagination) and she would be safe and sound.

It was not working.

Times had become tough, last night a very haggard-looking 1989 had stumbled into her room and convinced her that the two of them needed to get dressed up and go out. Lover had left the house with pink festival makeup and a short dress with a heart cut out over her chest and had returned the next morning with makeup running and purple hickeys on her neck. Her idea of getting over reputation had been to make out with some guy called Joe in the corner of a club, it hadn't ended well, he'd had his hand down another girls bra only an hour after it'd been up her skirt.

Today she had decided to make herself feel better in any way possible, so she'd pulled out her list of things she enjoyed doing. She'd taken a paracetamol for her headache and donned a white workout skort and sports bra and a long sleeve poder blue bolero and trainers and headed down to their home gym, she'd been on the treadmill for about ten minutes when the door to the gym opened and reputation entered in baggy grey sweat pants and a black sports bra.

Lover turned the volume up on her earbuds and reputation shoved her headphones on, heading to the weights.

For about half an hour lover ran, watching reputation as she lifted and then moved on to Pilates. 

Eventually lover decided she'd had enough, she wasn't going to stand there and run while her face turned redder and redder pretending she wasn't looking at reputations ass when she squatted, she grabbed her strawberry protein shake and was abt to leave when a hand caught her wrist

'Wait.'

Lover took her earbuds out and put them in their case, turning around to see reputation behind her, on her face a look of pleading misery.

'What?'

Reputation took a shaky breath, she knew what she needed to say but the words didn't come easily

'I'm sorry. I'm sorry for snapping at you I'm sorry for overstepping our friendship, when I was holding your hand and picking you up and playing with your braids, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, I didn't want anything to jeopardise our friendship and I-'

'You didn't want anything to "jeopardise our friendship"????' Lovers voice came out in a harsh spit 'So you lied to me for months and pretended you still valued me when clearly you couldn't wait to be rid of me????'

Reputations mouth opened to protest so lover raised her voice

'JUST SAY IF YOU DONT WANT ME AROUND REPUTATION, JUST SAY BEFORE YOU HURT ME, I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THAT...THAT...'

'JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT WHAT LOVE??? DO YOU THINK ITS EASY TO BE IN MY POSITION? I WAKE UP EVERY DAY WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I WOULD DIE FOR YOU AND IN YOUR MIND ALL I WILL EVER BE IS YOUR FRIEND'

'IF YOU WOULD DIE FOR ME THEN EXPLAIN WHY YOU KEEP DISTANCING YOURSELF FROM ME, WHY YOU KEEP CHANGING WHAT YOURE SAYING AND NOT TELLING ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK AND-'

'BECAUSE WHAT IM REALLY THINK WOULD SCARE YOU OFF ANF I MIGHT NEVER GET TO EVEN BE YOUR FRIEND AGAIN, CHRIST'S SAKE LOVER HOW DUMB DO YOU HAVE TO BE NOT TO REALISE HOW MUCH I LIKE YOU?'

'...you what?'

'YEAH THATS RIGHT I HAVE A MASSIVE FUCKING LESBIAN CRUSH ON YOU AND YOUR STUPID PINK HAIR LOVER. AND I KNOW YOURE STRAIGHT AND I KNOW YOU WOULD NEVER THINK OF ME LIKE THAT SO IM SORRY IF I WAS DISTANCING MYSELF BUT I WAS TRYING TO KEEP OUR FRIENDSHIP UNHURT BY MY STUPID FUCKING HEART'

Lover pushed her up against the home gym wall.

'Oh you fucking gorgeous idiot' she whispered and then she pressed her lips to reputations. 

For about two seconds reputation stood, frozen, whilst lovers lips were pressed against her own, and then she kissed back.

Rep could feel lover smiling into their kiss as she flipped them over, pinning her best friend and long time crush up against speak now's mural.

She lifted Lover up and lover wrapped her legs around reputations waist, opening her mouth for reputations kiss and tangled her hands in her hair

Reputation pulled back and stared into lovers blue eyes as they caught their breath

'Do you know how long I have wanted to do that for?'

Lover smiled softly and traced a thumb over reputations lips

'I'm serious love I've been crushing on you for like a year now, I wrote you songs, I have drafts of letters explaining how I feel, I bought your perfume, I even learnt how to groom cats so I could spend more time with you and fio and oh my god how long have you liked me?'

Lover let out a light laugh 'I think I might have liked you for a while but it really hit me that night in the cinema room'

'That's why you left?'

'That's why I left.'

'I thought you hated me, I thought I'd scared you away'

'you could never scare me away.'