𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

"itni si baat hai
mujhe tumse pyaar hai"

ISHAN

Muttering curses for Veer, I entered the kitchen.

How could a childhood friend be so chipku?

Oh for your kind information, I'm not some dumb richass guy. I know cooking and stuff.

Looking around I took out tea leaves, sugar and from the cupboard and put the water on boil. I might have accidentally slipped more sugar than necessary.. you know.. just by mistake.

Suddenly my eyes fell on a packet of Maggie. I had heard before our marriage that Janhavi loves Maggie. The fact that she didn't have any food from yesterday night poked me. I immediately emptied out the contents of the packet into a bowl of water and put in on boil.

I felt a tug on my pant, when a turned to see Shiku. "Mausaji aap yaahan kyu aagaye? Apni biwi ko koi anjaan aadmi ke saath chhod ke aata hai? Thoda bhi akal nahi hai aajkal ke baccho mein", he said vigorously nodding his head. I couldn't help but chuckle at his marvels.

Soon enough, realisation hit me (along with jealousy). Actually that MF was in the same room along with my wife and doing I don't know what.

Shiku tugged me again, "Are soch kya rahe ho kuch karo?"

"Ismein main kya karu? Main Maggie bana Raha hu tumhari mausi ke liye. Jaunga to jal jayega"

Shiku clapped his hand on his forehead in disappointment. "Chhod do mujhe hi kuch karna padega"

He went running out of the kitchen and left me lost in thoughts.

Fuming with jealousy, I kept stirring the Maggie, intentionally letting the tea cool down.

After the Maggie was ready, obviously not within two minutes, I transferred it to a bowl and went to the room with the cup of tea and Maggie. Entering the room, I saw Veer was not there.

"Woh kahaan gaya?", I asked Janhavi.

"Bahaar, Shiku kheech ke le gaya. Shiku ko kabse usse itna pyaar ho gaya nahi pata", she said eyeing me.

I went into the drawing room to see, Shiku and Veer sitting on the sofa watching TV. I handed him the cup of tea and waited to see his reaction on having the extra sweet cup of tea.

He took a sip and.. to my utter surprise smiled.

"Ishan how do you know ki main bohot cheeni khata hu? Ekdam perfect hai!" He said smiling.

Har din bhagwan mujhe kyu realise karwate ho ki main chutiya hu?

I smiled and went inside.

Janhavi was still crying, and the Maggie lay forgotten.

"Janhavi kha lo", I said striding closer to her.

She nodded her head in denial and turned her back towards me.

"Have it Janhavi, kal raat se tumne kuch nahi khaaya", I said caressing her hair.