4

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗈

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅
𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗈

𝐴𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑁𝐴 𝑆𝑃𝐸𝑁𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑂𝐹 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐸𝐸𝐾 𝑃𝑅𝐴𝐶𝑇𝐼𝐶𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑂𝑁 𝐻𝑂𝑊 𝑇𝑂 𝐶𝑂𝑁𝑇𝑅𝑂𝐿 𝐻𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐸𝑊 𝑃𝑂𝑊𝐸𝑅𝑆. In addition to being able to move and heat liquid, she found she had the ability to freeze it.

The discovery happened by accident when she spilled a bottle of water on the ground, and instead of causing the bottle to float back in place, she caused it to freeze. Her father built Athena her own mini lab across from his own, so she took most of her practices there.

Soon she found how lonely being a mermaid on her own will be. She wished she could share swims out in the ocean with at least a friend or two, or feel comfortable enough to share her secret with another.

Athena decided to go on an early morning swim to ease her mind. She exits through her back door and walks to the edge of the dock her father built in their backyard. Athena prepared herself to dive into the water, but chose just to slip inside instead.

She smiled as bubbles formed around her, and her legs were replaced with a tail.

She zips through the water at an incredibly fast speed— something she never knew she could do before. She slows herself down and stops at a reef.

Fish of all sizes and colors swam around her. There was even a mako shark that didn't seem to be bothered by Athena's presence.

Athena holds herself on a rock and peeks over. Beneath her were more schools of fish and some stingrays swimming around.

Athena swam around some more until she discovered a hidden cave. Curious, she swam into it, and broke the surface to find herself in a familiar environment.

The cave that transformed her. It felt.. different to Athena being there with a mermaid tail. She felt as if she was at home.

Athena positions herself at one of the walls of the pool and holds out her hand. A ball of water slowly rises in front of her. She freezes it with a flick of her wrist and throws it against the wall of the cave.

The moment she celebrated herself, a vision flashed her mind. Maybe it was the cave's way of getting back at her.

She was at the island she was on, underneath the light of the full moon, but something was wrong.. something was different. She was in a dark, rocky cave, and was exploring it until she found herself staring at a rock pedestal with symbols carved into it.