5

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸a new mermaid

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸
a new mermaid

𝐸𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑌 𝑀𝑂𝑅𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑆𝑊𝐼𝑀𝑆 𝐵𝐸𝐶𝐴𝑀𝐸 𝐴 𝑅𝐸𝐺𝑈𝐿𝐴𝑅 𝑅𝑂𝑈𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐸 𝐹𝑂𝑅 𝐴𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑁𝐴. She'd wake up, have a nice bath (since showers would give her bruises now), brush her teeth, get dressed, and dive into the marina to torpedo swim her way to Mako Island.

Lately she found herself collecting seashells and other mysterious objects she'd find on the sea floor. It helped that now they've settled into their new home, and that her father was away at meetings, that she could decorate her entire room with what she's found.

On this particular day, she decided to visit other parts of Mako she's never seen. A curious dolphin swam up to Athena and started to swim with her.

She entertained it with her powers for a while until it left her. Athena swam to a coral reef on Mako and watched fish swim about.

Unknown to Athena, another mermaid was close by. She was curious to know who she was since they've never seen her around their pod. She wasn't from the Northern or Southern Pod, or else she would've recognized her easily, so she must've been from the Eastern or Western Pod.

The mermaid followed her closely, trying to get a clear image of her face. Unfortunately for the other mermaid, the one she found torpedoed away just moments later.

༺——༻

Mimmi enters Rita's grotto through the underwater entrance and hoists herself onto the surface. She uses her powers to dry herself off, regaining usage of her legs, and goes inside where Sirena and Ondina were practicing spells.

Ondina was the first to notice how off her friend was. "Mimmi? Everything alright?" Ondina asks.

"Nothing. I just.. saw something while I was swimming," Mimmi replied, formulating how she was going to tell them about the mermaid she saw.

She wasn't Evie as the other mermaid had a darker skin complexion compared to hers, and hair that was much curlier. So who could she be?

"I saw another mermaid," Mimmi admitted.

"Who? Evie?" Sirena asks.

"No. A different one, and she isn't from the pod."

Ondina and Sirena had confused looks plastered on their faces. They both thought what Mimmi thought when Mimmi saw her: maybe she was from a different pod.