Will You Stay?

-A/N-
Look guys this is for an AU that would take too long to explain so let's just enjoy it with no context

Kevin is about to head to bed when he hears crying. He steps closer, and realizes the sound is coming from the guest room, where Katherine has been staying. She practically lives here now, since she watches both of the boys while Kevin is away.

He knocks lightly, trying not to scare her. She mutters something that might've been "come in". Kevin shuts the door behind him so the children don't hear.

"You okay?" he asks, immediately feeling stupid for doing so. Clearly, she isn't okay. Neither of them are.

Katherine shakes her head, too choked up to speak. Kevin sits next to her on the bed and pulls her in for a hug. It's the best way he knows how to comfort her. Hugs like this were not out of the ordinary for the pair, especially lately.

"I know," he coos, just trying to calm her down. He hates that they have to go through this.

Katherine sniffles, but doesn't say anything. She doesn't need to, really. If anyone already knows what she's going through, it's Kevin.

Kevin pulls her away for a moment to take a good look at the woman. Tears flow down her cheeks, yet she's still beautiful. Katherine strives to appear strong, up until the pressure becomes too much and she bursts. He's told her before that she doesn't need to put on a mask for him. She still does. She admitted to him once that she felt his plight in this situation was worse, and she did not want to encroach on his feelings. Such a kind and understanding person shouldn't have to suffer so much.

He wipes the tears from Katherine's eyes, lingering to cup her chin with one hand. Then, before he really knows what he's doing, Kevin pulls her in for a kiss.

Katherine pulls away quickly. "Kev... we can't..."

He is sick of everyone telling them what they can't do. Their spouses are off having a prolonged bender, while he and Katherine are expected to pick up the pieces. "Scott is probably railing Joli into the mattress as we speak." She doesn't respond, but he can see the change in her body language. Realizing those words were too harsh, he shifts gears. "How long has it been, Kat?" One hand slides down to her waist. "Since you've had a good fuck?"

Katherine bites her lip, a move that drives Kevin wild. "A while," she admits shyly. Her eyes refuse to meet his.

Maybe I'm being too much, Kevin thinks. He pulls his hands away from the woman. The loss of contact makes him feel empty. "I'm sorry, Kat. I'm not going to do anything you don't want to."

"Wait." She's the one who seals the distance between them this time. It's a chaste kiss, but it's a start. "Please. Keep going."

That's all the permission Kevin needs. He cups her face again, pulling her in for a much longer, sloppier kiss. He doesn't know how long he's waited for this, but it feels like forever.

"What do you want, Kat? Do you want me to help relieve all that pent-up stress?"

"Mhm."

"Say it," he whispers, desperately.

"Kev, I want you to fuck me."

Kevin slips his arms around her and pulls her completely into his lap.

"I'm going to make you forget his name."

She tastes sweet. Her lip gloss is cherry flavored, and her lips are soft. Katherine is incredibly soft. She melts into his arms like warm chocolate. He can't get enough.

Kevin doesn't know how long he kisses her for. He waits to touch her in more scandalous ways, opting to instead stroke her face, run his fingers through her hair, and pull her closer by her neck and back.