Chapter - 4

Arjun's pov:

"Can we talk now?" I ask her softly wiping her tears. I don't know till now that I had it in me to care this much for someone.

Everyone calls me ruthless and they are not wrong. But here I am talking to her so softly as if she is a kid. The things she is making me do!!

She nods her head so slightly; you will miss it if you are not paying attention to her.

"Why did you cry? Did someone hurt you?" I ask her. She shook her head in no.

"You can share it with me. I promise, I will not judge you for whatever it is."

She looks hesitant, I am about to say she don't have to if it's hard. "You don't have...."

She interrupts me and says "Okay, I will." and continues, "you reminded me of someone from my past. He also used to neglect his food when working and I used to get angry at him. So, I just behaved like that on instinct. I'm sorry if I crossed my limits."

Who is that someone? What is his relation with my Nithya? Is he her ex-boyfriend? Did they breakup or something happened to him? Does that mean she already has someone in her heart? Don't I have any chance with her?

The thought that she already belongs to someone is killing me.

Will she answer my questions if I ask her??

She waves her hand before my face "Sir!!" and that's when I realise that I was staring at her face.

"Do you love him that much?"

"Yes. He is the only one I have in this world and he also left me" she replies calmly but I can sense her inner turmoil.

You have me and I will take care of you, even better than him. I want to say this to her but I kept my mouth shut.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I ask her hoping she will say no but who am I kidding, it's pretty clear that it's boyfriend she is talking about.

Just when she is about to answer me, there is a knock at the door.

Nithya's pov:

I don't know what came over me, I just hugged Arjun sir and cried my heart out.

I haven't felt this safe with anyone, at least not after he died. Eventually, I freed myself from him.

He is talking to me like I will break if he talks loudly. I haven't seen him talking like this with anyone, at least not with his employees.

When I said that I love him, Arjun sir's face almost looks like he is sad but why?

"Is he your boyfriend?" sir asks me with an unreadable expression on his face.

When I am about to answer him, there is a knock at the door.

****************************************************************

Hey Guys!!!!

Hope you all doing good...

Mystery man is going to be revealed in the next chapter!!

Stay tuned!!

Please feel free to comment, I always want to know your opinions. You can even give me some suggestions if you feel like it...

Also, please vote for my story if you really love it.