Chapter - 23

Arjun's pov:

I don't know what came over Yash, but he is behaving very odd today.

"What the hell was that, Yash? What happened to you? How could you talk like that to my love? I'm warning you; if you don't respect her, you will have to forget about our friendship."

"Whatttt!!! Do you want to forego our friendship for her?" Yash says, pointing his finger towards Jaanu.

"I don't care. I promised her that I would never have someone call her a gold digger. I owe her that much. But my best friend is calling her a gold digger. What do you want me to do, huh?"

"You witch!!! What did you do to my friend?" He accuses Nithya.

"How dare you call me a witch?" Nithya shouts at Yash and turns to me, "Arjun, I can't tolerate all this. I can't tolerate him. Decide who you want in your life. Me or your friend?"

"Yes, Arjun, decide if you want her or me," says Yash.

"Tell me, Ajju."

"Tell me, Arjun."

Both take each of my hands in theirs and pull me towards them.

"Will you both please shut up?" I shout in frustration.

How can I decide between them? They both are very important to me. God, please help me out of this situation.

First, I turn towards Nithya. I hold her face in my hands and tell her, "Please Jaanu, don't make me choose between you two. I will make sure that he never disturbs you."

Next, I turn to Yash and say, "Idiot, if you don't shut your mouth, I will. I don't want anything related to her coming out of your mouth. Is that clear?"

They start shouting at each other again. Even my friends and Ansh are trying to calm them both.

I sit on the couch behind me. I rest my elbows on my knees and hold my head.

They are giving me a headache.

Suddenly, they stop shouting at each other and start laughing.

I look questioningly at Ansh and my friends; they are also confused. None of us are getting what is happening here.

Have they both gone mad?

They stop laughing after some time. Yash hugs Nithya and say "Hello, Cupcake. You look beautiful," kissing her forehead.

"Thank you."

I pull Jaanu away from him and ask, "Can someone please tell me what is happening here?". I point my finger towards Yash and ask, "You idiot, why are you calling my girl Cupcake?"

"Chill, Bava garu. Don't get frustrated." Yash replies smirking.

What the hell is this idiot talking about?

(Bava - Sister's husband, Garu - ji (Hindi).

Garu - suffix that's used as a term of respect and politeness when addressing someone.)

"Bava?" I question him.

"He is the one I was telling you about, Ajju. My Annayya." Jaanu replies this time.

I'm literally dumbfounded. I was played by these two all this time. Our friends are also equally shocked.

Ansh starts laughing, holding his stomach. "That is an awesome prank, Yash bro and Vadina," he says high-fiving Yash and Nithya.

Yash shakes me out of my thoughts and teases me, "What happened, Bava?"

"You almost gave me a heart attack today. I will kill you both." I am about to hit them when Yash's parents appear.

"Hi, Uncle and Aunty. How are you?"

"Hi, Arjun. We are good." They both reply me.

"I didn't know that the family Nithya is talking about is yours."

"We are also surprised when she told us about you last week."

"Please sit, I will go and send some refreshments."

"It's ok, Arjun. Where is your Mom and Dad?"

"They are upstairs, Aunty. They will be down in a minute."

"Arjun, I know you are a good person and will take good care of her. But I promise you; if you make her cry, I will kill you." Uncle warns me.

"I will spare you the trouble, Rajesh garu. I will kill him myself if he makes my daughter cry," Dad says, coming downstairs with Mom.

****************************************************************

Hey Guys!!!!

Hope you all doing good...

Do you like the characters so far??

Please do comment your opinion on them.

Also, please vote for my story if you really love it.