Chapter - 5

Arjun's pov:

Just when she is about to answer me, there is a knock at the door.

Cursing him in my head, I go sit in my chair and ask him to come in.

Head of the Finance department enters my cabin, hands me the file which I asked for and leaves.

Our moment is broken and I don't how to bring up that topic again with her. I just steel my heart and go ask her the same question again.

"So, is he your boyfriend?"

"And what makes you think that?" she speaks uncertainly.

"I.." she interrupts me again saying "No, he is not" surprising me.

"Then?"

"I don't have a boyfriend. I'm talking about my father" she says sadly.

"WHAAAT?" I shout.

She looks at me like I have gone mad and I might have, but with happiness.

I compose myself and ask "What happened to your dad?"

She starts explaining "Mymom died giving birth to me. After that it's only papa who raised me. I don't have any relatives or family except him. He is.. Sorry, he was my best friend, my life, my everything. 2 years back, I lost him too. With him, I lost my happiness and will to live. I have no one now. I even thought of committing suicide once.

But I remembered my papa. He loved me a lot and if I try to take my life, he would be very disappointed with me. He would have wanted me to live my life fully and not end it like a coward. Then, I dropped that idea and thought I should never think about taking that path again.

So, I went to therapy and had many sessions. It took me 1 year to become normal again. I'm okay now but it just hurts so much thinking that I will never be able to see him, talk to him and tell him that I love him so much. I want to tell him that I'm not a coward, I'm strong like he taught me to be." And starts crying again.

I can't see her like this, so I go and hug her again and she lets me. She stops after sometime and compose herself.

"Yes Nithya, you are not a coward; you are so strong. Your father would have been very proud of you. He will be seeing you from above and if you cry like this, he will also feel bad. You should smile thinking about your good memories with him. And who said that you don't have anyone now? You have me, I will always be there for you no matter what. Okay?" I say caressing her cheek.

She nods smiling.

You look so beautiful when you smile Jaanu, please don't cry again. With every tear you shed, I feel like my heart bleeds a drop of blood.

Jaanu? Why did I call her that? But I like how that sounds. Jaanu... My Jaanu... Hehe.. I'm officially going crazy. It's confirmed.

It's already evening and she is also tired because of crying so much. So, I tell her that she can leave. I offered to drop her home but she denied. I thought not to force her and give her some time to become normal.

When she is about to leave the room I call her. "Nithya"

"Yes sir."

"Please stop calling me sir from today. Call me Arjun. Okay?"

"Okay sir... sorry Arjun."

"Who prepared the food you gave me for lunch?"

She points to herself.

"If you don't mind, can you bring lunch from tomorrow for me too?" I ask her hesitantly.

"Sure," she says, giving me a broad smile before leaving.

That smile.........Oh my poor heart....❤❤

****************************************************************

Hey Guys!!!!

Hope you all doing good...

There he is. So, nooo boyfriend...

Do you like the characters so far?? Please do comment your opinion on them.

Please feel free to comment, I always want to know your opinions. You can even give me some suggestions if you feel like it...

Also, please vote for my story if you really love it.