Part 8

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

Lyra walks outside the castle doors and is surprised by seeing the crew outside the door. Milo scratches the back of his neck. "The king and his son don't exactly see eye to eye. He seemed to like us okay, likes Lyra a whole lot," Lyra blushes bright red as the crew looks at her. "But the king... I don't know. I think he's hiding somthin'..." 

Lyra shrugs. "Can't blame him. I mean, you can't really trust strangers that break into your kingdom... I know I wouldn't."

"Well, if he's hiding something, I want to know what it is." Rourke says. 

Helga smiles. "Someone needs to talk to that boy." 

Mole jumps up. "I can talk to that girl from earlier."

"Someone with good people skills."

Mole jumps up again waving his arms in the air. "I will do it!"

"Someone who won't scare her away."

"I volunteer!"

"Someone who can speak the language."

Mole does a salute. "For the good of the mission, I will go!"

Rourke smiles at Lyra. "Good, Whitman. Thanks for volunteering." At his words Mole breaks into tears. 

Audrey bumps into Lyra's shoulder. "Go get 'em tiger." 

Lyra smiles and shrugs. She doesn't have a problem with that, she was going to talk to Kai anyway. 

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

Lyra is leaning against a pillar when Kai comes out of the doors. Kai is quickly at her side. He can't help but smile when he sees her waiting for him. "Hey darling. I have a question."

Lyra smiles as Kai starts to fiddle with his fingers. "Of course, you can ask me anything."

"Can I hug you?"

There was absolutely no way she could have said no, not even if she wanted too, which she didn't. She almost melted into goo when he looked at her with those big blue eyes. When she nods her head Kai was quick to pull her into his arms. 

Kai wraps his arms around her waist and buries his face into her neck.  Lyra smiles and put her arms around his neck which isn't hard to do when he is bent down. "Are you okay?" She starts using her fingers to brush his hair, which he likes very much. "Can I help you with anything?"

Kai pulls back from the hug and looks in Lyra's eyes. "Actually, I think you can."

"You think I can help you?"

Kai nods his head and smiles. "Yes, can you come with me?" 

Lyra looks at him with a smile. "Let's go."

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

Lyra let Kai drag her around while she was looking at Atlantis in awe. Kai smiles back at her, loving how much she is enjoying his home. "Oh, there is so much to ask about your world. So much to learn about you. Are you a scholar? Like that geeky boy. Judging from his diminished physique and large forehead, he is suited for nothing else."

Lyra put her hands on her hips as she raised her eyebrow. "So, you think that I also have a diminished physique and large forehead? That I can't do other things."

Kai eyes go wide as he quickly shakes his head. "No, no, no. I didn't mean that, what I meant was... that you and the boy are the only two that know our language. You... Your perfect." Kai walks closer to Lyra and he puts one hand on the side of her face while his other hand goes on her waist. "You physique is perfect, you are perfectly proportionate. I don't want and you don't need to look like anything else. How you are is perfect."