Part 10

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

Two men are holding Lyra as she kept on trying to fight. So, she was useless as the crew started raiding the castle. 

Rourke shoves the book in Milo's face. "You're not applying yourself, son. There's got to be something else."

Milo pushes the book away from him. "Well, there isn't. It just says...'The heart of Atlantis lies in the eyes of her king."

Rourke storms up to the king. "Well, maybe the king here can help us fill in the blanks. How about it, Chief? Where's the crystal chamber?" 

"You will destroy yourselves"

Rourke puts a fake smile on his face. "Maybe I'm not making myself clear." Rourke hits the king to the ground. Kai tries to fight against the two men holding him and gets nowhere. 

Sweet bends down over the king. "Rourke, this was not a part of the plan."

"Plans changed, doc. I'd suggest you put a bandage on that bleeding heart of yours. It doesn't suit a mercenary."  Rourke sits on the kings throne. "Well, as usual, diplomacy has failed us. Now, I'm going to count to 10. And you're going to tell me where the crystal is." Rourke lifts up his gun and cocks it. "One...Two..." A couple of the crew looks surprised at what Rourke is doing. "Nine... T-" Rourke sees something that no one else sees. "The heart of Atlantis lies in the eyes of her king. This is it. We're in!" Rourke says as he steps in the middle of the room. 

Milo moves with him as Kai and Lyra are forced to.  "Rourke, for the last time, you've got to listen to me. You don't have the slightest idea what this power is capable of."

Helga smirks. "True, but I can this of a few countries who'd pay anything to find out."

The floor in the middle of the room starts to sink so Rourke grabs on to Milo and Lyra with Helga and Kai following. 

They are being lowered down into a dark cave with stones glowing and floating in the middle and a large body of water under them. 

"Jackpot."

Lyra is looking at the rocks in shock. She barely sees the tears that are falling from Kai's eye. She takes a hold of his hand and he intertwines their fingers. "The King of our past." Kai lets go of Lyra's hand and bows down and prays. 

Rourke looks down at him and rolls his eyes. "Lyra, tell him to wrap it up. We got a schedule to meet."

Lyra slowly bends down and gently rubs her hand on his back to get his attention. "Kai please stand up, we can come back here, but I don't want you hurt." She whispers down at him. 

Kai slowly rises his head and Lyra reaches out a hand which he takes and doesn't let go of. 

Rourke does something that Lyra doesn't see but it makes the glow turn into a dangerous red. Lyra and Kai stay next to each other as Milo looks at the journal. 

"Come on, let's get this over with. I don't like this place."

Rourke turns back to Milo since he has the book. "All right, Thatch, what's next?"

"Okay, there's a giant crystal hovering 150 feet above our heads over a bottomless pit of water." Milo says, no one realizing the trace the crystal is putting Kai in. "Doesn't anything surprise you?" 

Lyra is too into the conversation to realized that Kai let go of her hand. 

"The only thing that surprises me is that we're talking and that thing's not on the truck yet. Now move it!"

"I don't know how to move it."

When Milo and Rourke go quiet Lyra looks away from the stones and to Kai who has a light on him as he walks to the stone. Kai only stops to turn around when he is about 3 feet into the water, well he's walking on water. Kai turns around and holds out his hand looking at Lyra with glowing eyes. "Anwylyd?" 

Lyra doesn't hesitate to walk towards Kai. She told him that she would stay with him, and that is exactly what she is going to do. As soon as their hands touched, he scooped her into his arm so his arms where under her knees and behind her back and she wraps her arms around his neck. 

"Talk to me, what's happening?"

"Look, all it says here is that the crystal is alive, somehow. It... I don't know how to explain it. It's their deity. It's their power source."

Lyra tightens her grip around Kai's neck and tries to calm her breathing as he walks into the middle of the body of water. When he gets underneath the floating Lyra hides her face in his neck whispering small curses. 

The stone float away from the large crystal as all of the lights now stay on only Kai and Lyra. Kai tightens his own grip on Lyra to pull her as close as possible to him and put his face in her neck as well before they start floating up into the glowing circle. Lyra closes her eyes as her and Kai go glowing sphere. 

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═