Humble Abode

Chapter 4.

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

I stood in front of Makima with a clean uniform now, the other one had too much blood on it that not even a dry cleaner was worth hiring. It's been a couple hours since I killed the worm devil, in away Power got an assist by leading me to it. I was giving my report to Makima.

"-I finished off the worm devil, only one casualty which occurred before our involvement. I now conclude my report" I say as I finished my report of what happened.

The creases of Makima's lips raise a millimeter "Good work, even though there was a casualty. However I cannot fault you on that as it happened before you knew of the worm devil's existence"

"It was nothing Makima, just one more devil gone" I state to her.

"You say that like you aren't part devil yourself" Makima says to me.

"We are starting to get to a point where devil is just a title and not the entire meaning of it all. I may be part devil but I do not wish for the destruction of humanity, I believe Power might think the same way" I explain and Makima stands up.

"I suppose you may be right on that one, the world continues to turn with endless change" Makima says, she slowly walks around her desk toward me "Tell me (Y/n), what would you do if, let's say, I was a devil? What would you do?"

Makima now stood in front of me, her eyes looking into mine, those golden spirals "Depends, First I'd ask what your desires were. If they don't benefit humanity or its preservation, then I would be left no choice but to kill you. Married or not"

Her lips arch a little bit more "Good boy. Devils take many forms, so why can't its goals as well?"

"Makima, next time I suggest not using yourself as a hypothetical of being a devil" I tell her "Others might get the wrong idea"

Makima inches closer to me, her face inches from mine "What would there be for me to fear? When my husband to be is the Warrior devil and an honorable man to boot. If it was the truth or lie, you'd protect me" Makima says, her golden orbs glistening like gemstones. Her voice entrancing as ever.

"Only if I didn't kill you first" I state.

"Correct, though only a hypothetical it was (Y/n), so no worries" Makima says while stepping back "Also, I have made sleeping arrangements for you. You'll be staying with Aki at his apartment, there you'll meet Denji, Power is there too"

"Sounds like a slumber party, though I don't think you're giving me a choice given the circumstances, also, doesn't Aki already dislike me? Last thing that man needs is me living with him" I say to her however it doesn't seem to change anything.

"Everything will be fine, you both will get along with each other sooner or later" Makima says then walks back to her desk. She slides a piece of paper forward "Here's his address, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" I say as I took the piece of paper with the address on it.

"And (Y/n)" Makima says, tilting her head slightly.

"Yes?" I question.

"Take care" She says.

I paused a moment before replying, not expecting her to say a phrase like that "I will Makima" I reply before leaving her office.

{Time Skip}

I arrived at the address Makima gave me. I look up at the door then back at the paper, then back at the door. I was in a working class housing area, I would have figured that the government would give their workers better housing but I guess not. Inside I heard absolute chaos, the muffled tone of Power inside.