Another Way to Die

Chapter 6

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

It's been some time since we decided not to feed Denji to the eternity devil. Right now we've been trying to figure out how we are going to deal with our current situation without making a contract. Himeno, Aki, Denji, and I were in the hall looking at the eternity devil as we tried to concoct a plan. Aki sat against the wall, Denji sat in the middle of the hall, I sat against the other wall and Himeno decided to lay her head in my lap.

"Do any of you happen to have a vaguest plan to get us out of here?" Himeno says as she looked up at me.

"If what the devil told us is true, killing it is off the table, but Denji isn't dying either" Aki says.

"So the plan is for us to sit around and starve?"Himeno says with a sigh.

"At least you'll have a nice death bed" I tell Himeno and she rolls her eyes.

"I'll use the sword if worst really comes to worst" Aki says, Himeno shoots up from my lap.

"Like hell you will" Himeno tells him in a stern voice.

"If a couple swipes from your sword can fix this then use it" Denji states "Am I right?"

"Nope, we aren't using it, even if we have no other alternatives. I'm sorry Denji, but your toast if it comes to that" Himeno say teasingly.

I stand up and stretch a little "Just let me at'em it might take a while but violence has its merits. I'll become as blood thirsty as I have to" I say aloud.

"No" Himeno says as she moved quickly to me, almost like she could of teleported "And just what will you do if you fall too deep"

"That's what I have you for. You've pulled me back once, you can do it again" I tell Himeno as she stares into my eyes with her singular eye.

"That's not the point (Y/n). Giving into the warrior like that can still affect your sanity" Himeno tells me in a concerned tone.

"I'll be fine Himeno, unless you got another plan" I tell her. We then hear the sound of both Arai and Kobeni screaming and yelling. The eternity devil immediately starts growing rapidly "Fuck, run!"

The four of us then start running down the hall away from the eternity devil. As we neared the end of the hall, the floor below us starts tilting upwards. The entire floor was tilting. The eternity devil was trying to make us slide into its mouths.

"Holy shit!" Denji shouts.

"Get in!" Aki shouts as he opens up a door.

Denji and I get in, I grab Himeno and pull her in before the entire floor goes vertical. At the bottom was the eternity devil with many large massive mouths. This was one completely fucked situation. It was like a looking at the devil version of a sarlacc.

"Relinquish Denji's heart to me!" The eternity devil shouts.

"Someone please! Anyone! Just kill him, either he dies or we all die!" Kobeni shouts from the other side with a the knife from earlier in hand.

"Deliberation time has come and gone, feed him to the devil and get it over with!" Arai shouts.

"I'm using the sword, are you okay with that Himeno-?" Alia asks, turning to Himeno only for her to be holding her hand out.

Himeno uses her powers from the ghost devil to restrain Aki "Woah, not cool. What's the deal here lady" Denji questions.

"The sword is very handy and yes we could escape if we used its power, but it cuts Aki's life span every use shaved off a huge chunk of it. He's got way too much to live for to get short change like that. So I'm sorry I really-" Himeno says before being cut off by Arai tackling Denji to the ground.