Why Me

Chapter 8

~~~~~

POV: Himeno

Part 1.

My partner and I were ordered to handle a devil that was sighted in the old factory district. I wondered if they saw (Y/n) in his devil form and that's how we are on the watch for. They didn't give me the specifics. This partner I have now. He's my seventh partner, he's the one I've had the longest so far. They keep dying, maybe I'm bad luck, or maybe I need to stop being stubborn and make a contract already.

"Himeno, you got any idea why the hire ups would send us alone on this mission?" My partner asks me.

"I don't know Kenta" I say as I pulled out a cigarette.

"I wonder what (Y/n) would think of me gaining a smoking habit...He'd probably tell me "If you wanted to kill yourself, go and find a devil. At least they might make it quick" Though that might be too harsh for him to say"

"Something just feels off about this in my opinion" He adds.

"When does this job not feel off? Last month we fought a French fry devil" I question to him while taking a puff.

"I guess you're right, we do fight the embodiment of our own fears after all" He says with a shrug. We had a moment of silence before he asks me a question "I don't mean to intrude but, Who's (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n)? Why do you ask?" I reply back as I take another puff.

"Well, you talk a lot about him when you get drunk" Kenta states as he scratches the nape of his neck nervously.

I smirk a little "Why? Jealous? Is it that you have a crush on me Kenta?~" I tease him and he becomes flustered.

"I-um, well-y-yess...." He stutters as he froze up.

I giggled a bit "I see, how about this, you kill that devil we're looking for, I'll give you the best kiss of your life right here" I say as I put the butt of my cigarette between his lips.

Kenta was frozen like a statue, the cigarette butt falling from his lips, I couldn't help but giggle "R-r-really" He mutters.

"Yup~ now let's go find this devil" I tell him.

Kenta stammers with a blush "Y-Yeah"

I take a single step forward, and I hear the sound of growling. It was right beside me, I look beside me seeing Kenta, clenching his fists and teeth with the growling sound emanating from him, Looking down as he did. Kenta then jumps at me and tackles me to the ground pinning my arms down. In his face, was pure rage.

"Looks like I found you first" I hear a husky voice say with heavy thuds of foot steps "This is gonna be fun"

I look back from the ground. Upside down, I see a large red, beast, that was the best way to explain it, almost demonic, sharp teeth lining its mouth, horns curling on the side of its face.

"What have you done to Kenta!?!" I shout as I tried to get away from Kenta's grip.

"Me? Oh nothing really, I just simply amplified his inner emotion. The emotion of rage" The beast says with a smirk, a large toothy grin.

"WHO IS (Y/N)!?! YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION!" Kenta shouts in my face.

His eyes were blood shot, blood beginning to drip from his eyes, crying blood "Go on. Answer him" The devil says.

"None of this matters!" I shout.

"IT DOES TO ME! (Y/N) THIS! (Y/N) THAT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS TO HEAR THE WOMAN YOU LIKE TALK SO HIGHLY ABOIT ANOTHER MAN!!" Kenta shouts.