Night Gathering

Chapter 7

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

Been a few days since we killed the Eternity Devil. Today apparently, Himeno wanted to go out drinking. We were getting ready in Aki's apartment. Denji and I were getting ready in our shared room. Denji was going super casual with just a plain shirt and shorts. I on the other hand was blurring the lines between formal and casual.

"What's with the fancy stuff?" Denji questioned as I slipped my belt through my pant loops.

"We are going out with co workers, at least slightly formal attire is more suited for the occasion" I say to him and Denji shrugs.

"Sounds like more of a pain to me" He states.

"I don't expect you to understand Denji, you do you" I say to him.

"Hey, I get free food tonight so it doesn't matter what I wear. I'll be too busy eating"  Denji says with a grin on his face.

"Sounds about right for you" I reply.

"Ready for that kiss with Himeno? You deserve it after all" Denji says as he plops onto the ground.

"I guess, Himeno and I have known each other for a while. She's most likely like it more than me. A kiss between us would be nothing too special" I tell him as I buttoned up my white collared shirt "However, That's what I'd like to say anyway. It's a matter of situation"

"Sounds like a waste to me then bro" He says as he scratches his side "A girl offering me a kiss barely keeps me sane"

"That was evident when Himeno teased you" I stated.

"Human!" Power shouts as she swings the door open "I inquire your assistance!"

"With?" I question.

"Thy zipper won't zip" Power says as she pints at the zipper on her hoodie.

I walk over to Power and try to help her zip up the pink hoodie she was wearing. I mess with the zipper a bit as she stood there. I then hear her sniff as she leaned close to me while I focused on her zipper.

"What are you doing?" I question her.

"Hold there human" She says then sniffs more. Her face getting closer to my neck. Holding onto arm as she did "An enticing scent. I smell....Meowy?"

Power shoves me away, breaking the zipper and gasps in horror "You've been with Meowy!" She shouts.

"The cat keeps sleeping on me. What do you want me to do about it?" I tell her.

She gasps again then motions to Meowy as the cat was in the room "Meowy you traitor!"

The cat just stared at her from the other side of the room as it licked its paws. Being a cat. "Can you stop being loud? You're getting mad for no reason" Denji says.

"Of course a lowly human like you wouldn't understand" Power says before marching in and snatching Meowy up "You plebeians don't deserve to be in the presence of Meowy and I"

"We live in the same apartment you idiot. Kinda can't avoid that" Denji states. Using his brain a bit in the problem solving department