December

In the blink of an eye, November quickly turned to December. It was Christmas Eve and it was snowing outside, covering the Hogwarts grounds white powder. Harry went downstairs in the Great Hall with Ron while Ann stayed upstairs in the girls' dormitory looking out the window. She spotted Hagrid outside dragging in what looked like to be a rather large tree covered in snow. Feeling rather bored and with nothing to do, Ann went downstairs to the Great Hall to see what Harry and Ron were up to. She made it to the Great Hall and found them playing chess. But it wasn't your average chess game. It was wizard chess. Wizard chess is exactly the same as Muggle chess except the figures were alive, which resembled a sergeant directing battle tactics to troops at war. And Ann was great at it while second best to Ron. She walked along the Gryffindor table on Rons side and sat down next to him. Hermione arrived at the Great Hall as the ghosts were singing Christmas carols. She walked on the other side of the Gryffindor table standing beside Ron with her large rolling trunk.
"Knight to E-5," Harry said, directing his knight. The knight piece moved across the board to E-5. Ron pondered for a moment and said
"Queen to E-5," The queen piece moved over to E-5 and smacked the knight piece with its chair.
"That's totally barbaric!," Hermione shouted.
"That's wizard's chess," Ann said nodding towards the board
"I see you've packed," Ron said to Hermoine
"See you haven't," Hermione said sarcastically.
"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there," Ron said
"And the last thing I want to do is spend Christmas with my bratty, stuck up uncle and uncle and cousin," Harry said.
"And my uncles working," Ann said
"What about your mum?," Hermoine asked
"Dead," Ann said nonchalantly
"Right sorry must be tough on your dad," Hermoine said
"Yep I bet my estranged fathers weeping over her in Azkaban right now," Ann joked
"Ok first of all what's Azkabn and why's your dad there?," Hermoine asked
"Uh.. Azkaban is a wizarding prison and my dad killed 13 muggles and one wizard," Ann explained.
"Right then well you two can help Harry," Hermoine said
"Help Harry? With what?," Ann asked
"To look for information on Nicholas Flamel," Hermione said.
"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron complained.
"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas!," Hermione said, taking off with her luggage and leaving the Great Hall.
"I think we've had a bad influence on her," Ron said.
"Nonsense,now can I play after you, Harry?," Ann said.
"You sure? I've got beaten at least ten times already," Harry warned
"Thats cause you've never played before, I can take him," Ann said
"Well, be my guest," Ron said. Harry scooched out of the way and Ann scooched over into Harry's spot. Ann went first.
"Pawn to E-5," Ann said, directing her pawn.
"Pawn to D-4," Ron said, directing his pawn. As the game went on for thirty minutes or so, some pieces were scattered across the board while the broken pieces were set aside. It was down to Ron's knight and Ann's queen who were face to face.
"Bloody hell! I always forget how good you are," Ron complained
"Never underestimate me," Ann said before she looked over at Harry who was shocked himself and smirked.
"Knight to E-7," Ron said disappointingly. Ron's knight piece moved to E-7. "Queen to E-7!," Ann said happily. Ann's queen piece moved to E-7 and whacked Ron's knight with a chair breaking it in half.

It was Christmas morning and Ron along with Ann were standing next to the Christmas tree and were wearing sweaters with an R on Rons and an E on Anns. Harry ran down to find the two waiting for him
"Happy Christmas, Harry!" Ann and Ron said,
"Happy Christmas, Ron and Ann!" Harry said.
"What are you wearing?," Harry asked when he noticed Ron's sweater.
"Oh," Ron, said feeling a bit embarrassed,
"Ms. Weasley makes them for all her kids including me cause I'm her goddaughter," Ann said.
"I've got presents?," Harry asked.
"Yeah," Ron said,

"There they are," Ron said, who then sat on the arm of the couch eating a box of Bertie Botts' Every Flavor Beans. Harry picked up a silver wrapped package and took out the card that came with it, which read:"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well."
"Does it say who sent it?" Ann asked.
"No. There's no signature," Harry told her. Harry opened the present and it revealed a cloak.
"What is it?," Ron said.
"Some kind of... cloak," Harry said.
"Well, go on. Try it on," Ann said. Harry swung the cloak on and suddenly his whole body, except for his head, disappeared.
"My body's gone!," Harry exclaimed.
"I know what that is!," Ron said,
"That's an invisibility cloak!," Ann said
"I'm invisible??," Harry said as Ron got up to inspect the cloak.
"They're really rare," Ron said,
"I wonder who gave it to you," Ann added
"There was no name. It just said 'Use it well'. Whatever that means," Harry said as he swung the cloak off and laid it on the chair where he unwrapped the present.
Later that night Ann came down to the common room to find Harry and Ron.
"What are you two doing here?," she asked them
"We were looking for you," Ron said
"Why?," Ann asked
"Cause Harrys found a magic mirror and wants us to see," Ron said
"Yeah that checks out," Ann said, getting under the cloak with the boys. They reached the room and went inside.
"Come on," Harry said. Harry, Ann, and Ron ran inside
"Come. Come look, it's my parents!," They stopped in front of the mirror while
"I only see us," Ron said
"Same here," Ann added. Harry moved over and said,
"Look in properly. Go on. Stand there," Harry directed Ron and positioned him to the center of the mirror pulling Ann aside. Ron looked in closer and astonished by what he was looking at.
"There," Harry said. "You see them, don't you? That's my dad…,"
"That's me!!," Ron exclaimed. "Only... I'm head boy…," Harry was confused. "And I'm holding the Quidditch cup!!," Ron continued.
"And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too!," Harry looked at the mirror, but didn't see anything Ron was seeing.
"I look good too," Ron said.
"My turn," Ann said shoving Ron aside
"Well what do you see then," Ron said. Ann looked at the mirror and saw her dad and mom standing behind her. They were by her side, they wanted her. A single tear fell. Before Ann sniffed and turned
"Well, come on. We better go," Ann said
"Ann?," Ron asked
"We don't want Filch to get caught out of bed now do we?," she said
"Alright," Ron said. They went over to the door and Harry slipped on the invisibility cloak and sneaked out, closing the door behind them.
It felt like the next day went by really fast. The students who stayed behind for the holidays all went to the Great Hall for dinner eating leftovers from last night's Christmas dinner.
"How's yours?," Fred asked about Ron's food. But Ron wasn't paying attention. He looked over at Ann who was sitting at the table playing with her food
"Ron?," Fredsaid trying to get Ron's attention.
"I'll be right back," Ron said. Ron walked over to see Ann.
"Hey," Ron said to her
"Hey,"
"What's up?,"
"Nothing, it's just what I saw in the mirror freaked me out," Ann explained
"Whatcha see?,"
"My…I saw.. I don't know,"
"Come'on,"
"Fine I saw me mum and dad," she said
"Oh dam,"
"Yeah,"
"Hey how about some late night, Quidditch?," Ron asked
"You're on," Ann said, immediately forgetting the mirror. They ran out to the snow fallen pitch and stole Harry's broom for Ron. They mounted the brooms and began playing. The night was fun and full of laughter. Ron could always cheer her up. After the match they put back the brooms and went inside covered in snow. They reached the dommoritys. Ron grabbed Anns arm and looked her in the eye.
"Hey you gonna be ok?," he asked her.
"Yeah,"
"Hey Ron thank you for all this," she said
"No problem, you're my best friend," he said. Ann engulfed Ron in a hug, tears streaming down her face. After a minute or two Ann let go of him
"Seriously I don't know what I'd do without you," Ann said before walking away.
"Me too," Ron whispered as he watched her walk away.