Prologue

POV Nicholas

As I sat there, drowning myself in alcohol, trying to forget all my problems, I watched as everyone around me jumped or grinded against each other in what they called dancing.

I found myself unable to endure the situation any longer. The overcrowded house, the loud music, and even life itself.
I never really had a happy life, and everything was overwhelming, but  I had never considered life to be entirely devoid of purpose—not until I met them. They made me realize what it felt like to be accepted , only to be abandoned like everyone else.

As I rose from the couch, a wave of dizziness swept over me, making it difficult to maintain my balance. After a few moments, I managed to regain some stability and turned towards the door. As I did so, my gaze met a pair of vibrant green eyes filled with concern and longing. However, I reminded myself that he no longer had the right to be concerned about me after everything that had transpired.

But then again, I understand why he didn’t take my side. Why would he? There’s his best friend. I’m merely some guy he just met. But I deluded myself into thinking I was important to him—to them.

‘Told you they’d do this.’

Stop! I don’t want to hear this. I already know I made a mistake. I thought as I continued to push my way through the bodies of sweaty, drunk teens—something that would have made me go into a panic attack, but now I’m too drunk to even care.

'If you know it’s pointless, why not end it all?'

I made a promise to her that I would live my life to the best of my abilities, I contemplated, shaking my head as I made my way outside.

‘She abandoned you like everyone else. Why live for someone who isn’t here?’

I took a sip of the vodka, trying to drink away the voice.

‘I know you want to.’

I can’t—

‘What good is life anyway?’

I—

‘Be honest, you’ve always wanted this, so why are you questioning it?’

That is when I came to the realization that I was headed toward the road, where a car was speeding toward me. But I did not experience fear—instead. It was a sense of anticipation. With this, my life will come to an end. There will be no more pain.

“Nick!”

****************
Thank you for taking the time to read my work. 😊 I would greatly appreciate your votes and comments. 🗳️💬

 🗳️💬