Chapter 6: Nice to meet you 4

POV Nicholas

As I step into the inviting buffet area of the food court, I am enveloped by a delightful aroma that promises a delectable culinary experience. To my right, I notice a sandwich display, where dedicated women are attentively taking personalized orders. As I venture further, I am surprised to discover a diverse array of food displays on each side, showcasing an enticing selection of pizzas, cakes, vegetables, fruits, and sauces

At the far end of the buffet area, I can glimpse the bustling kitchen at the back, which is separated from us by the four distinct food booths, resembling a sturdy fort-like structure. The first booth on the right specializes in vegetarian cuisine, while the two booths in the middle offer Mexican cuisine and fast food options. The final booth is dedicated to gluten-free alternatives. Each booth seems to present an array of mouthwatering dishes, yet I find myself lacking an appetite.

Standing amidst the white-tiled buffet area, surrounded by the tantalizing aromas of various cuisines, I am reminded of the fact that I have barely eaten. However, I am unable to muster the desire to do so. Nevertheless, anticipating potential questions from the others about my lack of appetite, I decide to grab a portion of fries and a fruit bowl before heading towards the cake display, where I find the three guys gathered.

As before, Rick and Emmett were engaged in a disagreement about a matter. This time, the subject of their dispute seemed to be the last piece of Black Forest chocolate cake. As I approached, Ray noticed me before the other two, who were engrossed in their confrontation. At that moment, I saw Ray discreetly indicating toward the coveted piece of cake, which remained on display and unclaimed. Subsequently, he gestured in the direction of the dining area, where many people were engaged in conversation and enjoying their meals.

Swiftly comprehending his intentions, I nevertheless conveyed a questioning expression before directing my attention toward the other two, who were still engaged in their argument. Ray responded with a knowing smirk, revealing his mischievous nature.

Given that the two men were preoccupied with their disagreement and oblivious to my presence, I swiftly retrieved the cake and turned to leave.

"Well, it seems like we're not getting anywhere with this argument, so I'm gonna head out." I overheard Ray remark with a hint of frustration, followed by the sound of his footsteps approaching me. Shortly thereafter, he positioned himself beside me and exclaimed, "Let's go," accompanied by a radiant smile.

We walked between the tables, careful not to bump into anyone. We finally reached a large round table overlooking the lower level of the canteen, where a guy and a girl were sitting.

"Hey, Evan," Ray says as he sits down and hands one of the red food trays to the ginger-haired guy.

"Thanks, bro," he says, removing his arm from around the blonde's waist. "Who's this?" He asks, nodding in my direction.

Ray turns to me, "This is Nick," before turning back. "Nick, this is Evan," he says, completely ignoring the girl who looks like she's about to kill someone.

"Hi," I say before sitting next to Ray.

"Seriously, don't you see me?" the blonde screams. I look at Ray, but he doesn't reply. Instead, he starts to eat. "Are you going to let him treat me like this?" She turns to Evan, staring him down with her blue-gray eyes. But he just shrugs in response, making her heavily made-up face contort in anger. "What a**holes" She says, getting up.

As she gets up, her mini black skin-tight dress that barely leaves much to the imagination rides up. But instead of pulling it down, she bends over and picks up her bag, which leads to her flashing us her red underwear. With that, she storms away to another table.