+Chapter Eight+

[A/N: Which name for Trix do you prefer? Trix, Claude, Claude Trix, or Dorky Trix? Put your answer in the comments! :)]

"I'm home!" I called down the empty hallway. The only sound that greeted me was a soccer game on the TV, and I followed it into the living room. My dad was sitting on the sofa, eating a mega-bag of chips and watching the game.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Yes." His eyes didn't leave the TV.

I sighed. "Seriously?"

"What do you want, Umber?" My dad asked, still not looking at me.

"I was wondering if I could go to that party tonight. Can I please have your permission?"

"Didn't your mom say something about needing to have at least a C in your classes before you go to any more parties?" My dad finally looked up from the TV to glare at me disapprovingly.

"I don't have a D yet. It was a warning that I had to keep my grades good!"

My dad raised his eyebrows. "You call that good? Back in Foxfire, I was at the top of my class."

"But I can still go to parties, so it's not a problem." I put my hands on my hips, daring him to argue.

"Then sure. Go." He waved flippantly towards the door. I was about to run out when I heard the voice I dreaded the most.

"Umber!" My mom yelled from upstairs.

I sighed. "What now?"

"I got a call from Dame Alina. She said you've been having... problems at school. That's now what I like to hear"

I crossed my arms. "I have not been having problems. She's the one with the problem."

I could practically hear my mom's scowl. "Don't talk about your principal that way. Alina happens to be one of my friends."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes. "I know."

"Don't be that way, Umber! I can't have you ruining the family image. Your father and I are respected in the cities. I have connections to important people! Don't ruin it."

"Good to hear that your reputation is more important to you than my life. If you don't mind, I'll be going now."

"Umber!" My mom called, but I was already gone.

+++

I was ready. Gisela (and Claude, as the school had now taken to calling him) would never know what hit them.

"Welcome to Gisela's party!" The doorman told me. Talk about a lame greeting. Leave it to Gisela.

"I'm on the guest list," I said. As I stepped a foot into the room, I was surrounded with chaos. Gisela's doorman couldn't find me now.

Gisela's room in the Silver Tower was small, but it never failed to fit an insane amount of people. However, I did notice a group eating burritos on her bed.

"Time to PARRR-TAYYYYY!" A random guy shouted as he ran through the door.

"Umber!" Another guy shouted. "I love you!"

I ignored him. I only wanted Claude. So I had to go find him.

I looked around the room–which only took about 10 seconds–but couldn't see Claude Trix or Gisela. Something wasn't right. This was Gisela's party. So where was she?