Ruhi Pov

Ruhi Pov
Life has been great for me recently. I have a job at an Investment Banking firm with a good package of 60 LPA. At 26 years old it was a big achievement for me. It was as if all the struggles I faced in my life are rewarding me.

My life had been not so amazing since school and college. At school I was an introvert who didn't talk with anyone except for a few people, because you needed someone for copying notes if you were absent! In college mostly everyone relied on me for notes and submissions because I was a sincere student and kept getting good marks. No I was not a topper or anything, I just got some above average marks.

And now here I am with my high paying job, a really affectionate family and 4-5 good friends.
My day started with reviewing some stocks for the day as my side hustle and then at 9 am I had to leave home to reach office. I helped my mom in preparation of lunch and then I was off.

The company provided a vehicle for some of us who live in same area, so commutation was not an issue. My colleagues Sneha and Yuvi were my car-pooling partners. Both of them were married since 2-3 months and were really good friends of mine.

At 8.45 am I left the house saying bye to everyone and sat in the car.

Sneha & Yuvi: Good morning Ruhi!!

Ruhi: Good morning!!

Sneha: So you got the invitation right?

Ruhi: Which one the Annual Celebration or the Conference one?

Sneha: Annual one of course

Ruhi: Yes, I got it.

Sneha: So what are you wearing?

Ruhi: I am thinking of skipping it actually.

Sneha and Yuvi's faces were in a shock

Yuvi: Why? It is the only thing that is enjoyable. And who knows we might find some hot and handsome boyfriend for you.

Ruhi lowered her eyes and looked out the window. It had been the same everyday. Both of them teased her as
she had not found a boyfriend till now.

Sneha: Why are you skipping it? Any problem

Ruhi: The theme is western and you know right I am not comfortable wearing western. All the people over there will make fun of me.

Sneha's face was in a trance as if she could not believe what Ruhi was saying

Sneha: That's it! If I suggest you some comfortable clothes, then will you attend it?Please don't say no.

Ruhi: Fine I will.

Sneha: Yes, we are going to have lots of fun!

Yuvi: That's the spirit girls. And Ruhi, if you feel uncomfortable and alone, you can always find me or Sneha. Ofcourse we both will be together. But still  you can be with us.

Ruhi smiled at his concern for her. He and Sneha were 4 years older than her. They met at the company and started dating. Then they got married. They were like the brother and sister to Ruhi although not by family connection. She already knew that she can't always be a third wheel between them.

Ruhi: I am actually more interested in the conference. It is written in the invitation that speakers are going conduct a small training session about the new tools of analysis. I am really excited for it.

Sneha: Yes you will be as always. You still have time though, the conference is in 2 days. And the annual celebration is after 2 weeks. So we still have time to find your clothes for the party.

Ruhi: Yes, we have.

After some time, they reached the office. Ruhi had some reports to submit, so her entire time was spent in completing it.