Nikhil Pov

I went to the office in a very good mood. My entire staff was astonished.
I was going to meet her very soon.
Now, I need to focus on my work.

I had 4 meetings during the day which lasted till 6.30pm. I was in a hurry to return home. I packed my office bag and took the phone. Giving one last glance to the wallpaper, I locked the cabin.

I reached home in around 30 mins.
After entering, my mom stood in the entrance with a phone in her hand. It looks like she is recording something?

Nikhil: Mom, what are you doing?

Mom: I am capturing this rare moment of my son entering the house before 8 pm.

Nikhil: I will try to come early  mom.

Mom: Hmm, you are going to meet your Ruhi na. Now you will definitely come early. Who comes home early to meet their mom?

Nikhil: Mom, stop please. I will try to come. I told you na.

Mom: You sit, I will bring you tea.

Dad: Make it 3 cups, Ishita is going to arrive in 15 mins.

Nikhil: I will just change and come down.

I quickly sprinted  to freshen up. At record speed of 2 mins, I was in the living room.

Dad: Nikhil, I was thinking about something. I will also attend the meeting with Ishita and Ruhi. I want to hear her suggestions. Because Ishu doesn't praise anyone for no reason.

Nikhil: Sure, Dad.

Mom: I have made tea, have it.

All of us were having tea, that's when I heard the doorbell. It was Ishita aunty and my friends together.

Ishita: Hello, Bhaiya and Bhabhi.

Dad: Hello Ishu, How are you?

Ishita: I am good. So, Nikhil I must say you have a good choice in choosing your lady.

Nikhil: Aunty, she is not mine right now.

Ishita: She will be.

Nikhil: She is not having anyone in her life then?

Ishita: No, I asked today only.

Nikhil: So, how is she?

Ishita: She is very intelligent, smart amd keeps her work always completed.

Samaira: Aunty, he is asking you as a potential boyfriend for her not as an employee.

Ishita: Oh, as a person then she is too formal, always keeps to herself. I have seen her interacting only with 2 -3 people.

Nikhil: Okay, so how did she get the job then?

Ishita: Through walk in interview. She cracked everything at first try.

Nikhil: Do you have her address?

Dad: Calm down, young man. You don't want to seem like a stalker right? She won't give you any attention if you pull stunts like this.

Mom: He is right, Nikhil. I don't want her to be scared or anything.

Ishita: So about that meeting I was thinking of keeping it after Samaira's engagement tomorrow.

Nikhil: So early?

Ishita: Why you don't want to meet her?

Nikhil: No its not like that. I thought of you know getting a haircut.

Rishab: Bro, are you going to get a haircut every week? Just go as you are.

Ruhani: He is right Nikhil. Ruhi will like you. Stay as you are.

Nikhil: Aunty, so she knows about my meeting with her?

Ishita: I have given a background of your company. But I have not disclosed your names so I have told her indirectly.

Mom: Can I also meet her? I am very eager.

Dad: We will meet her one by one. We don't want her to freak out right?

Mom: Yes, you are right.

Nikhil: I have to find what to wear tomorrow. I will be back. Ruhani and Samaira will you help me to choose?

Ruhani: Sorry bro, I am staying at Samaira's place. I have to help her also to choose jewelry and hairstyle.

Samaira: You boys can help him right? Remember, the color should not be too bright, just subtle.

Vihaan: Sure, we can do it. Right Rishab?

Rishab: Yes yes. We can. Come on Nikhil, let's go.

We went to my room and opened the wardrobe.

Nikhil: This brown Kurta I will be wearing tomorrow at engagement. I will keep it aside. So the formal colours available are in white,black, blue, grey , yellow and pink. So which one?

Vihaan: I am thinking black? Women love black.

Rishab: You can't wear black on first meeting. I think white or blue will be fine. The girls have told us not too bright.

Nikhil: So light blue is fine? It will go with dark blue pants.

Vihaan: Yaa, it will look good.

Nikhil: Done then. So lenses or specs?

Rishab: I think specs. Ruhi wears specs. I have seen them.

Nikhil: Okay,then. It is decided. I will keep change of clothes in my car. I will change them once Samaira's function is over.

Vihaan: We will go to our home then, see you both tomorrow.

Rishab: Bye,bro. Remember not to stare at her for too long. We don't want her to feel uncomfortable or creepy.

Nikhil: I won't. Thanks for the tip.

Rishab and Vihaan left.

Author Pov
Meanwhile, in the living room. Ishita told Nikhil's parents her plan to make Nikhil and Ruhi meet after the conference gets over.

Ishita: I have told Ruhi to stay after our conference. So she will definitely see Nikhil. Its a small surprise for both of them. I know, I told him that she will meet him after the function. But I want them to be friends first. As we all know friendship is the first step.

Dad: That is a great idea. Good thinking.

Mom: Really Ishu, thank you so much.

Ishita:Are, I also care about Nikhil. I can do this for him.

All of them purposely avoided telling this plan to Nikhil's friends as they knew they won't be able to keep a secret.