36

Natasha

Mom was screaming on top of her lungs for me and Kevin to go and play Uno with her. Neither one of us wanted and I'm glad I had plans for this evening. After my short conversation on the phone with Lin, I was cut short by my mom busting my door open.

"who was that Niña?" She asked with a smirk "Mami!" I throw my hands in the air "you better tell me the truth young lady" she said "you should have knocked, what if I was naked" I tried to argue "oh shut up and tell me who that was or I'll kick you straight in the ass" she said. She could but I know she was just kidding.

And how am I supposed to talk while shutting up?

"ok mami, I'LL tell you the truth" I said and she walked closer to me "start talking I'm becoming impatient" she said and I rolled my eyes. She's so dramatic.

"ok, see after we broke up with Jordan, I met this awesome guy at the bar and..." I paused to swallow "what happened tell me already" she said pushing me and I dramatically fell on the bed "how am I supposed to tell you when you pushed me" I giggle "get up you insect and tell me the whole thing" she said and I sat upright.

"ok, nothing happened that night but surprisingly, I met him at my university the next day and we kept in touch since then" I said leaving out the part of him being my professor. "so you now got a special one hm?" she asked and I nodded "look at you blushing already. What's his name?" she asked and I smile a little before I tell

"Lin" I said and she furrowed her brows "¿Qué tipo de nombre es ese? No offence" She said "I know mami, he's half Korean" I explained "oh, now I get it. So is he good?" she asked "mami stop" I said hiding my face in the pillow. "don't be shy niña, I know you did it" she smirks.

OK here is the thing, my mom has this type of parenting where she let's me be so open to her. She isn't so strict because she knows that if she's so strict with me, I'll do things behind her back and mess up every thing. So I'm comfortable with telling her every thing about me and she gives me the best advise. Every thing about sex, drinking and more other things. She told me she was once a girl like me and she wasn't a saint in her years.

So I shouldn't be scared to ask for advise from her to guide me through it all and to avoid fucking up every thing and then regret which most of the girls face. And also was the first person to know about the Lora-Jordan situation and she was always by my side all the time. And she was so happy that I broke up with Jordan because she said he's a dick but she never stopped us from talking to each other as a family friends. I also can't avoid him as such so I have to get used to being around him.

"he is good mami" I said Blushing as hard as I  can "oh, so he's the 'friend' you went with on vacation huh? I'm not dumb Natasha. I wasn't going to stop or judge you anyway" she said "but you still said no boys" I said in defence "I know. Just don't bring me grandchildren yet. I'm too young to be a grandma" she said fixing her hair "with a 27 year old son, bravo young lady" I said clapping for her.

"shut up or I'll break your head right now. I'm young" she said and I chuckle nodding my head "you sure are" I said "you kids are so stupid, I called you to play Uno with me for over an hour and you still refused" she changed the subject "because it'll still be you as the winner all the time" I said and she rolled her eyes "I just love winning, is that bad?" she asked "you never give us any chances" I said and she knocked my fore head "Mami, I'm going out and you are bruising my face" I said rubbing the area