Chapter #14

Craze and Obsession

After weeks of preparation came the days of celebration. Today was the Mehendi and Mayoun ceremony. The Rajput house was filled with loud chatters of the family members. Umer Rajput took the ladies to the jeweler while Asghar Rajput was busy with the catering services. Razzaq Rajput was in his room along with his brother accompanied by the bride herself as they were strictly forbidden to leave the room. Yasmeen was given the task to decorate the house from the inside while Rubaisha was instructing the decoration of the backyard where the ceremony will take place. Both of the girls were maintaining distance from each other. Only close family and friends are invited. The decorations were done beautifully.

[Mayoun is a function in which a yellow paste known as Uptan is applied on her hands, feet and the face of the bride. This shows that the bride is not allowed leave the house, change her cloths, come in front of any male or talk excessively. The reason for this custom is the glow present on the face of the bride during the wedding. One more thing, the darker the color of henna after being washed meant the deeper the husband will fall in love with his wife.]

The stage had a huge sofa placed in the middle covered with a pink sheet along with it there a few cushions and two round pillows. Two other sofas were placed place on each side. The background had strips of orange, pink and yellow with fairy light in between them along with then hanging above creating the image of celebration under the sky full of stars. A tiny table placed in the center with a vase filled with fresh flowers. For family members, there was a huge yellow sheet laid on the ground. Four huge cushions of different were placed on all four corners with tiny surrounding them. This sitting area was also surrounded by fairy light making it bright. A little further away was placed a table where Rubaisha would keep sweets, baskets filled with gajray and uptan for the ritual.

Taking a deep breath Rubaisha turned but bumped in something or someone. She looked up to find a gorgeous man looking at her with admiration. It was none other than Yawar Khan. Obviously this man was nothing in front of Shariq Ali Khan but still he was a little handsome. Rubaisha quickly apologized but they didn't know someone was staring at them with eyes spiting fire.

"Aap kon hain aur yahan kya kar rahay hain?" Rubaisha asked sternly
(Who are you and what are you doing here?)
"Jee mein Yawar Khan hon, aapkay honay waalay behanoye ka cousin" Yawar replied in a flirty tone
(Yes, I am Yawar Khan, your to be brother in law's cousin)
"Asalam O Alikum" Shariq greeted to which Rubaisha replied
"Tabiyat kaisi hai aapki?" Shariq asked softly

(How is your health?)
"Theek, aap sunaye" she replied
(Fine, what about you?)
"Mein bhi theek hon" he said
(I am also fine)
"Mein api aur baba waalon ko bata k aati hon" Rubaisha announced
(I will inform dad about your presence)

Rubaisha left and Shariq turned towards Yawar.

"Aaj k baad agar tu mujhay innkay ird gird bhi nazar aaya yah tunay innki taraf aankh utha k bhi dekha toh mujhsay bura koi nahi hoga. Meray andar k janwar soo rahay hain isska matlab yeh nahi k woh mar age hain. Inn kay maamlay main mein apni bhi nahi sunta. Toh agli dafa flirt yeh ghalat niyat say innki taraf dekha bhi toh waseehat kar k aana aur apni maa ko Khuda Hafiz kar k aana kyun k tum zinda apni tangon pay nahi jaogay baklay chaar kandho pay jayega, samjha?" Shariq warned
(After this very moment, if I ever saw you near her or saw you looking at her so remember no one will be worse than me. The beast residing inside of me is sleeping that doesn't mean that he is dead. I don't listen to anyone except the beast when it comes to her. So next time if you tried to flirt with her or even look at her with wrong intentions than do write your will and do a proper goodbye to your mother because you won't be returning alive on you own feet)

The madness, obsession, craziness and most importantly the love was visible in his eyes. He was manic when it comes to her. He was crazily, angrily, obsessively, possessively, madly in love with her.
_______________**********_______________
Thank you so much for reading😊❤️
Kindly vote and comment😊❤️