Chapter #20

Mera Shohar

The next morning arrived, Shariq open his eyes to find his wife sleeping without any worry. The soft expression on her face and the warmth of her body sent butterflies in his body. He snuggled her more in her embrace finding solace. Soon he felt movement from her side and he knew she is going to wake up. He looked towards her while she raised her eyes. The moment her grey eyes met his black eyes, the world around them disappeared. Rubaisha slowly took her hand towards his face and caressed it. He leaned more in her touch. This was the most beautiful morning of his entire life. There was a tiny smile dancing on his lips.

"Good morning" she whispered
"Good morning" he replied her

She took a deep breath before sitting followed by her stretching her body. Shariq stared at her with eyes filled with adoration.

"Shariq, aaj baba waalon nay dinner plan kiya" she informed him
(Shariq, dad planned a dinner at their place)
"Reason?" he asked softly
"Get together" she replied

He nodded and she placed the pillows on their place. She made bed while he stood up. Soon, both of them heard Fajr. Both of them offered their prayer and went to get ready for the day. At the breakfast everyone was seated.

"Mujhay aaj sab saat bajay tayaar milnay chahiye" ordered Dawood Ali Khan
(I want everyone present at seven sharp in the evening)

All of them males nodded and went to their company. The day passed in a blink. By eight o'clock the Rajput house was filled with laughter and liveliness but it was short lived when Amjad Rajput along with his wife Yameen Rajput and their younger daughter, Yasmeen Rajput entered. Shariq's eyes darkened and his demeanor which was soft turned cold. Sensing his discomfort, Rubaisha held his hand. He, who was frustrated by Yasmeen appearance converted into his warm and fluffy self. He turned towards her completely looking at her who stool his heart wearing a dress which he gifted her.

He wore a brown kurta shalwaar looking handsome as hell

Everything went well when Umer and Asghar Rajput signaled their sister to talk to them

Everything went well when Umer and Asghar Rajput signaled their sister to talk to them. She nodded and went with them. First thing they did was a group hug, hiding their sister in their protective embrace.

"Tu khush toh hai na?" was the first thing both of them asked her
(You are happy, right?)
"Thora thora khush hona shuru hui hon" she told them
(I am starting to feel happy bit by bit)
"Kya matlab?" Asghar asked
(What do you mean?)

She smiled before taking a seat. From her seat, Shariq could see her and she could see him. Both of them made an eye contact as she started to speak.

"Aapko pata hai jab aapsay koi mohabbat karay toh kaisa lagta hai?" she asked
(Do you know how does it feels when you know someone is in love with you?)
"Kaisa lagta hai?" Umer Rajput asked
(How does it feels?)
"Jaisay aap ziyada qeemti iss duniya mein kuch aur nahi ho sakta" she replied
(As if nothing is more precious than yourself)

She was looking into Shariq eyes when she continued while her brothers had were looking at her with peace.

"Jab woh meri taraf dekhtay hain toh aisa lagta hai k mein unnka asasa hon, mein unnka sakoon hon, mein unnki zindagi hon, mein unnkay dil dhark nay ki wajah hon, mein unnkay saans lay nay ki wajah hon, mein unnki jeenay ki khuwahish hon, jaisay mein unnki poori duniya hon..." she whispered each word with a great intensity that sent shiver down her brothers' spine
(You know when he looks at me; it feels like I am treasure, I am his solace, I am his life, I am the beat of his heart, I am his reason to breath, as if I am his desire to live or like I am his world...)

Both of them looked at her with amusement where as she had a peaceful expression on her face. Her mind was lost in her husband's thoughts. Soon, the trio joined the rest of the family when Yasmeen asked a question.

"Kahan thay aaploog?" she asked with her fake curiosity
(Where were you people?)
"Baat karni thi Rubi say" Umer replied
(We wanted to talk to Rubi)
"Kya baat?" She asked with a proud smirk
(About what?)

Before anyone could react they heard Rubaisha.

"K mein khush hon yah nahi" she replied
(If I am happy or not)

The environment around them changed. Shariq felt suffocated. Everyone was restless while Aliya signaled her sister to end her horrible acting but who was she kidding with. Her sister ignored her. Rubaisha sat with next to Shariq who immediately took her hand to calm his nerves. His hand shivered the thought of her going away and the fear of her answer.

"Toh batao k khush ho yah nahi?" Yasmeen said as her smirked widened
(So tell, are you happy or not?)
"Khush honay ka toh pata nahi lekin..." she paused
(I don't about being happy but...)

She paused and everyone from the Khan family held their breath. She looked directly into her husband's eyes as she spoke every word.

"Apnay shohar say Ishq kar baithi hon" she said softly with her grip tightening around Shariq's hand
(I am in Love with my husband)

Shariq's heart skipped a beat. Everyone was stunned. It took them a few moments to realize what happened, squeals and hooting erupted. Shariq was still in shock. Everyone was happy except that one person, Yasmeen. She left the place with tears in her eyes as she failed again.
_______________**********_______________
Thank you so much for reading😊❤️
Kindly vote and comment😊❤️