Chapter #19

His Wife

2 months later...

Shariq entered his room after a long tiring day to be greeted by his wife, Rubaisha. She was staring out of the window looking at them moon which was shining in its glory. Her grey eyes looked beautiful a thousand times more. She was lost in her own world and a shadow of sadness lingered on her face. He hated the fact that she was fulfilling her duties as a wife but he failed as a husband. He forced her into many things for his satisfaction.

"Janam?" he called softly which caused her to flinch
(Love?)
"Aap kab aaye?" she asked
(When did you arrive?)
"Abhi abhi" he replied and she nodded
(Just now)
"Aap fresh ho kay aajaye, mein khana laga dayti hon" her honey filled voice intoxicated him
(Get fresh, I will set the table)
"Okay" he walked

He took a warm shower while Rubaisha took out his cloths and went to heat the food. When Shariq entered his room with a towel wrapped around his torso, he saw everything prepared for him. His face lightened up with elation. He wore his cloths and went out to the dining room. There he saw his wife waiting for him. He sat down on his place as Rubaisha served him. He made a bite and forwarded it towards her as he was well aware of his wife starving herself. He ate while feeding her as well. Both them finished their food in silence, a comforting silence. Shariq did the dishes while Rubaisha placed the food container in the fridge. Both of them entered their own room. Rubaisha went in the bathroom to change and appeared wearing his cloths. This sight took his breath away. She combed her hair after doing her skincare and went towards their bed. Shariq still remembered their first night together.

Flashback...
The room was decorated with fresh flowers. Rubaisha was sitting in the middle of the bed while Sumaira Khan and Dawood Ali Khan were sitting in front of her. Her eyes reflected nothing but sadness and agony. Both of them shared a glance before Sumaira Khan started speaking.

"Beta, mein jaanti hon k hum nay tumharay saath ziyadti hui hai lekin hum apnay betay k aagay majboor thay. Ho sakay toh humein maaf dayna" she softly caressed her cheek
(My child, I know that we were unjust with you but we were compelled by our son. If possible then please do forgive us)
"Mein aapsay kuch pooch sakti hon?" she asked innocently
(May I ask something?)
"Yes" both them said in unison
"Aaploog mujhpay pabandi toh nahi lagaye gay baba waalon say milnay say?" she asked
(You people will not forbid me from meeting my family?)
"Hum kyun rokay gay beta. Aapsay yeh kisnay kaha?" Dawood Ali Khan said
(Why would we forbid you, dear. Who told you this?)
"Yasmeen" she replied
"Don't listen to her. She wants to ruin your house" Dawood Ali Khan said

At the exact same moment, Shariq entered. His parents passed him a smile before giving their blessings to the bride. They patted her head and his shoulder. He locked the door and made his towards her. He stood in front of her nervously. He sat down in front of her. Taking out a velvet box from the pocket of his sherwani and extended towards her. His hand sweating as she looked at it.

"Yeh aapki monh dekhaiye" he whispered
(This is your gift)

He opened the box to reveal a pair of beautiful earrings. Rubaisha took the box and placed it on the side table.

"Kaash mein poori raat aapko yun dekh sakta" Shariq murmured not knowing she heard him  (I wish I could in this attire the whole night)  "Shariq" she called him in a low tone "Hmm" he hummed "W

(I wish I could in this attire the whole night)
"Shariq" she called him in a low tone
"Hmm" he hummed
"W... woh... kuch nahi" she sealed her lips
(Tha... that... nothing)
"Kya hua, Janam?" he asked softly
(What is it, my love?)
"Bhook lagi hai" heat crawled into her skin leaving a hue of redness
(I am hungry)
"Aap change kar lien mein khana lata hon" he said
(You change)
"Pehlay khalon, phir change kar longi" she told
(First I will eat then change)

He nodded and took out his phone all this time looking at her intensely. He asked his mother to send some food for his wife. In a few minutes the door of the room knocked. A bunch of maids brought different types of dishes. Soon they left after setting the table while the groom asked his beloved bride.

"Aap kya khaye gi?" he asked softly
(What do you want?)
"Biryani" she replied

He took some for her and himself. Slowly he sat down in front of her and made a bite for her. He forwarded it towards her. He fed her while feeding himself. After finishing their food, both of them stood up to change. Shariq called the maids for the maids while his wife sat in front of the mirror taking off the pieces of jewelry. She placed them in their respective boxes when her eyes fell on the velvet box placed on the side table. She heaved a sigh before making her way towards it. She picked it up and opened the box. She again sat in front of the mirror as she pulled out one of them. She took it near her ear. With wobbling hands she wore them. Shariq came out of the bathroom looking fresh. He sat on the bed but his eyes never left her figure. Rubaisha gathered her stuff. She removed the pins from her head as the veil slid down revealing her long silky black hair. Rubaisha massaged her head to ease the pain. She then took off her bangles. She stood up and walked towards the wardrobe but soon her eyes widened to find out that they bag with her simple dresses have not reached. Every dress present was heavily embroidered. Unknowingly a loud groan escaped her mouth to which Shariq entered the wardrobe.

"Sab theek?" he asked
(You good?)
"Ghar k kapron wala bag nahi poncha?" she asked
(The bag with simple dresses have not reached?)
"Woh aik bag baaki samaan k saath aaye ga ab pata nahi konsa wala hai" he replied
(That one bag will come tomorrow with the rest of your stuff but I don't know which one)
"Mein inn kapron mein nahi soo sakti, Shariq" she said making his heart flutter
(I can't sleep in these clothes, Shariq)
"Aap meray kapray pehan lain" he told
(You can wear my clothes)

She reluctantly nodded as he handed her his shirt and trouser. She took then and ran inside the bathroom. After a while she exited looking cute and extremely tiny in his clothes. His heart skipped a few beats. Her cheeks turned crimson. Since that day, she wears those earrings and his clothes in their room as they are the most comfortable piece of clothing she ever wore and all he did was to admire her.
End of Flashback...

Rubaisha lay down on the other side of the while looking out of the window and her back facing Shariq. Shariq laid after taking off his shirt beside her. He covered both of them with a blanket. He pulled her closer and turned her towards himself. He hid her in chest. Out of the blue, he felt his wetness on his chest. His heart clenched when a sob broke free from his mouth. He sat on the bed before pulling her on his chest. He hugged her petite figure while she snuggled in the crook of neck. The warmth of his body calming her mind and sleep consumed her.
_______________**********_______________
Thank you so much for reading😊❤️
Kindly vote and comment😊❤️