Sam Kerr x Reader- United in love

The sun dipped low in the sky, casting a warm glow over the park where you and Sam Kerr had decided to spend the afternoon. It had been two years since you first met on the football pitch, adversaries battling it out for your respective teams—Arsenal and Chelsea. Little did you know that a game could lead to something as beautiful as love.

You smiled as you watched Sam kicking a ball around with a group of kids nearby. Despite her status as one of the top footballers in the world, she always had time for fans, especially the younger ones who looked up to her with awe. It was just one of the many things you admire about her.

As the sun began to set, casting an orange hue over the horizon, Sam approached you with a grin. "Hey, you," she said, her Australian accent warm and familiar.

"Hey yourself," you replied, unable to hide the affection in your voice. Even after two years, Sam still had the power to make your heart skip a beat.

She took your hand in hers, intertwining your fingers as she led you to a secluded spot in the park. You couldn't help but wonder what she had planned, a flutter of excitement building in your chest.

Once you were alone, Sam turned to face you, her blue eyes sparkling with emotion. "Do you remember the first time we met?" she asked, a hint of nostalgia in her voice.

"Of course," you replied, a fond smile tugging at your lips. "How could I forget? It was the day you and Chelsea beat us."

Sam chuckled, a soft laugh that warms your heart. "Yeah, well, I'm glad we did," she said, her gaze never leaving yours. "Because if we hadn't, I might never have had the chance to meet you."

Your heart swelled with affection at her words, the memory of that fateful game flooding back to you. Despite being on opposing teams, there had been a connection between you and Sam from the very beginning, one that had only grown stronger over time.

"And now, two years later," Sam continued, dropping to one knee before you, "I can't imagine my life without you in it."

Your breath caught in your throat as Sam reached into her pocket, pulling out a small velvet box. With trembling hands, she opened it to reveal a stunning ring, glimmering in the fading light.

"Y/N," Sam said, her voice steady despite the nerves that surely must be coursing through her veins, "will you marry me?"

Tears pricked at the corners of your eyes as you nodded, unable to find the words to express the depth of your love for her. But you didn't need words, not when Sam's eyes were shining with joy, her smile radiant as she slipped the ring onto your finger.

As the last rays of sunlight disappeared behind the trees, you and Sam sealed your love with a kiss, the world falling away around you as you held each other close. In that moment, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the warmth of Sam's love, you knew that you were exactly where you were meant to be—united in love.