(Req)💜 Donnie X BatReader🦇

HERE YOU GO!!!💜 I LOVED THIS IDEA SM

HERE YOU GO!!!💜 I LOVED THIS IDEA SM.. I HAD TO LISTEN TO AN ANGST PLAYLIST TO WRITE THIS PROPERLY!!

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

       It had been months since the invasion, months since the brothers had to experience the extreme pain inflicted by the kraang...months since Donnie had to interfere with the motherboard.

        Months since Y/n had to witness their boyfriend experience the most trauma he'd ever experience in his entire life.

       The softshell had started wearing an extremely high tech battle shell since the events of the invasion, not that his old one wasn't already extremely intense. But this one set off an alarm anytime someone was within a foot distance of him, and it would tie them up and cage them if they came within touching radius.

        He stopped being okay with hugs from his brothers. He'd push them off or hide away whenever they'd touch him. He'd only accept soft pats from Y/n occasionally, so they didn't know if it were 100% the same for them. But what they did know, was that Donnie spent a lot of time in his lab, working on Shelldon.

       Sometimes, Y/n could hear him whimpering at night out of frustration, out of pain. But it was muffled, too quiet for Y/n to have a valid reason to check on him.

       Sure, it seemed shitty that Y/n didn't barge into the room and coddle him the second they heard a simple sniffle, but they didn't know what to do. Donnie was rarely emotional. And they couldn't stand the idea of seeing him in pain.

        But this time... this time was different. He was crying, sobbing even. Crying his brothers names, crying Yours. The sound felt like a dagger being plunged into the very soul of the Bat mutant. His brothers were out on patrol, and Donnie had refused to come, so Y/n did as well, knowing they couldn't leave their boyfriend alone.

       Y/n knew he wasn't sleeping. This wasn't him dealing with a dream. He needed someone, he needed his partner. Y/n couldn't stop themselves from barging into his room, and slowly approaching him. Donnie had set up a facial recognition scanner, and put Y/n as one of the people allowed access at all times. Which made ot easy to enter his lab when needed.