Faith - 9

It had been three weeks since our wedding. It was beautiful and intimate. We decided to do something small to celebrate our love. We had it on the beach and red rose petals were all over. Marrying Ronin is the best decision I have ever made. He was my life now and I knew this is where I was always meant to be. 

We went on a long honeymoon and was set to arrive back at The Dark Kingdom today. We were in the carriage making our way back, I look at Ronin. He was sitting across from me and looking out at the village as we passed it. I could tell he was in his mind and he seemed sad. "Are you alright lovely?" I ask him. He looks over at me quickly and smiles softly "I'm fine my love, I just wish you could meet my mother. I wish Reya would have been able to see us get married" he hesitates "I'm just thinking of my family, that's all." I move across the carriage and sit next to him. "I know your family would be so proud of you" I tell him then kiss his shoulder. He grabs my hand and kisses it "I wish I could meet them too lovely" I say as I lean my head against his shoulder. "Man Reya would have freaked out if she knew I married the princess" he says with a laugh. I smile "I wish she could have seen this. Was she always passionate about painting?" I ask. "Oh yeah she was, she loved teaching children in the village about art" he tells me. "I love that" I say then sit up, we were a few seconds from arriving to the palace. "Ready?" He asks as the carriage stops. I nod "I'm ready to be back in court with my husband" I reply giggling. He chuckles "Then let's go my wife". He gets out of the carriage once a guard opens the door. He holds his hand out for me and I take it as I step out.  

I look up the grand steps to the doors of the castle and see Blaze standing there with his arms crossed. He had a smirk on his face as he watched us walk up the steps. "Welcome back lovebirds" he hollers. Ronin chuckles then pats him on the back "Thanks bro". I smile at Blaze "Did you miss me twin?" I ask. Blaze rolls his eyes "I did not actually, things have been insane here" he tells us as we all walk inside. "Mother gave birth early, so we have a new sister" he stops and looks at me "You should go see her" he says with a worried tone. I nod "I will get going then" I say then look at Ronin "Be sure all of your things get moved to my chambers" I tell him. "Of course, I will see you later" he says then gives me a quick kiss. "Ok lets go bro, I gotta tell you about a crazy night I had a few nights ago" Blaze tells him and they walk off together. 

I walk to my mothers chambers and knock on the door softly then walk in. "Mother" I call out. "Faith! Oh I'm so happy to see you darling" she exclaims from her bed. I turn and see her sitting on her bed. She had on her night robe and her long black hair was down. She was pale and had a tired look on her face. "Are you alright?" I ask her. I sit on the edge of the bed and grab her hand. "I'm fine darling, it was just a tough birth. She was quite early and I lost a lot of blood. I am doing fine now, just recovering." She tells me. "Your mother will make a recovery" Willa says from the other side of the room. I look over at her and smile "Thank you Willa, I wish I could have been here for her". "It is not a worry your highness, how was your honeymoon?" Willa asks as she walks over and hands mother some medicine. "Oh it was so lovely and romantic. I'm just so happy" I tell her. Willa looks at me and gives me a forced smile. Her long red hair was back in a braid and she had a sad look in her eyes "It sounds wonderful princess" she replies. "Are you alright?" I ask her concerned. "Oh I'm fine, Hans has to go on a special mission and will be gone for a few months. So I'm just dreading when he leaves" she says. "Enjoy not having a man around" mother says with a laugh. Willa laughs "Your grace! You do not miss having anyone?" she asks her. "Oh hell no" Mother says then takes her medicine. Willa and I both laugh and shake our heads. 

The doors to her chambers open and Evelyn walks in with Lottie. Evelyn is holding a baby swaddled in a light pink cloth. "Faith you're back!" Evelyn exclaims. "Hello your highness" Lottie says as she shuts the doors behind them. "Faith meet your new sister, Grace Arabella" My mother tells me. Evelyn gently hands me Grace and I look down at her in awe. Grace was looking up at me and had bright amber eyes. She had black hair and the chubbiest cheeks I have ever seen on a baby. "She is adorable" I whisper and smile down at her. "She is so cute I couldn't believe it" Evelyn says excitedly. Lottie walks over and stands next to me "She is indeed a special girl" she says and caresses Graces face. "Is this your last?" I ask mother. "Yes" she replies with a laugh "I'm ready to be a grandmother." Grace starts to cry "Oh I think she is hungry, hand her here please darling" Mother tells me. I hand her Grace and she starts to feed her. "We are having a grand meal to celebrate your and Ronins return" Evelyn tells me. "Really? That sounds so wonderful" I say smiling then hug her "I have missed you sister" I tell her. "I've missed you too! Come let's get ready together" Evelyn says. We say our goodbyes to everyone then head to her chambers. 

Later that evening we were all sitting at the grand dining room table. Mother was sitting at the head of it and everyone else was on the sides. The servants brought us our plates then were standing against the wall, waiting for us to finish. Mother invited Lottie and Willa to join us tonight. It was unusual for staff to have dinner with the royals but it was a nice surprise. "Faith and Ronin has anyone told you what happened while y'all were gone?" Evelyn asks. "No, what did?" Ronin asks her then takes a bite. "Princess Perfect had a manic episode. She was tested positive on being a narcissist and having schizophrenia" Evelyn says as she takes a sip of her wine. Blaze busts out laughing "That makes sense, she was crazy. I've never liked her" he tells everyone. "Wow what?" I ask then take a sip. "Lexi had to head back to her kingdom and deal with Perfect. So she won't be coming around anymore" Evelyn continues. I glance over at my mother and her eyes sadden at the mention of Lexi. "Are you alright with that mother?" I ask her. "Quite fine, sometimes being a mother means giving up things. It happens." She answers. Blaze continues to laugh about Perfect and make jokes. Lottie giggles at his jokes and blushes when Blaze notices her giggling at him. 

The dinner continued for a few hours, we all were enjoying each others company and catching up. "I should head to bed, I am so tired. It has been a pleasure spending time with you all" Mother says as she stands up. "Goodnight" we all say as she leaves the room. I was about to say we were leaving but Lord Andrews then walks into the dining room. "The party has just started" he says as he reaches over and takes Blaze win glass then chugs it. "Hell yeah" Blaze cheers. "How about we head out to the beach for a night swim?" Andrews asks looking around the room. I look over at Ronin and he shrugs "Why not" he says. "You already know I'm in bro" Blaze replies and gets up. He walks over to the liquor and starts grabbing bottles. "I'll go" Lottie says quickly. "Well well well, Who else?" Andrews asks looking around. "I'm not doing that shit" Hans says then walks out. Willa stands up to follow him. "Come on ginger, don't be a bore like your husband" Andrew says. Willa looks at him "He is not a bore" she hesitates "But I will come". Evelyn quickly gets up "I'm in! It's also AJ's shift so he will be there too" she tells us. "Perfect, let's go" Andrew exclaims then walks out.

 Ronin picks me up and I laugh as we all walk to the beach. The beach would become our place where we could all truly be ourselves. When we were there it was truly a no judgment zone. I wish that I knew that the beach would become our sanity. I wish I knew that we had years of wars ahead of us.