Smoke

(Looking back on this wtf was I thinking cause I didn't even mean for it to be this way)

"I don't think it's gonna work."

"It's gonna work."

"Are you sure I'm gonna fit?"

"Yes. Don't be scared. I had prepared it especially for you."

"Don't you think it's a lot though?"

"Oh please if my father could do it you surely can."

"Fine, but I still don't know how you had this much space in a tower." They stood on the roof as Kyoka held a tablet out for Silver showing the designs to a training room. The roof was like a small backyard. It had flowers and grass and looked well kept. It's been a few months since he was forcibly applied to a job. Kyoka wasn't half bad when can tolerate her annoying antics. Silver broke the ice with her a while ago. Her father told him she could be cold to some people but took a quick liking to him. He then promptly held him like a child for a couple of minutes afterwards.

"That doesn't matter. If you want to be a proficient Bodyguard and Vigilante you better get more precise control."

"I quite literally saved you less than a few months ago!"

"And? Your brother has done more than you in the last couple of weeks. He stopped the Twizzler Grappler, Rough & Tumble, stopped a metallic version of him, and held off Endeavor."  How did Kyoka find out about the brothers? She figured it out.  'Well when you put it like that of course I'm going to seem lackluster. Trouble finds him!'

"So what are you saying? That I'm not good enough."

"No, you're good. But why be good when you could be better." Silver sighed as he sat on the edge. Kyoka softly rolled her eyes before sitting with him.

"Why do you think I compare you to your brothers? Why do you think Sonic is able to beat all those foes with a smile on his face?"

"It's his way he likes to live. He said he wants to live freely and with little to no regrets. As for why he smiles it because he likes the challenge?"

"You failed to answer my first question."

"...because he's better than me?" Kyoka slapped the back of Silver head.

"Close but no. From what you've told me and from what I have seen Sonic seeks to go out. Adventure to grow. And when he grows he improves. For what reason I don't know. But everyone has it Silver. A passion. A fire. It could be a kindle but if you feed it with you dreams, your aspirations it could grow into a flame. I seek to improve so that I can honor my family and so those for those who are afraid of the darkness I can light the way to a better day. So I ask you Silver, how will you find spark your flame?" Silver looked at her shocked. She always seemed wiser beyond her years. Makes him wonder why she didn't have any friends.

"You should think about that through the training." She stood up and walked behind him.

"Wait, wha-" She then kicked him in the back making him fall off the ledge. 'Ah, right. Still a jerk.' He plugged in his EarPods as he fell.

He levitated before looking at the side of the building there was a small port. That looked like it could fit a child. Fortunately for silver he was still short. He flew in and down a narrow tunnel stopping in a pit. Small hatches opened up and lined the walls with lazed muzzles. They all fired simultaneously at him. He dodged and weaved all of them. That was until small orbs came out the walls of the pit too.