Violet Inferno

A disheveled teenager walked the Alleys of Crisis City. 'That damn doctor. Making me think he could help me. Spouting some bullshit.' His quirk started to activate as smoke came from his clenched hands. He wandered as he heard whispers.

'Burn it all away.'

"I can't."

'You could beat him.'

"What about my quirk? I'm not strong enough."

'I can give you the power.'

"How?"

'Just give in.'

"How can I trust you?"

'How would you like for me to prove it to you?'

"Show me something."

'As you wish." His hand turned a blue blaze. He immediately tried snuffing it until he realized.

"It doesn't hurt...it doesn't hurt." He laughed a bit psychotically until he looked over to a family entering an apartment complex.

"Time for the test." Kyoka felt lightheaded. The lights were to bright so she covered her eyes.

"Well you bounce back quick for you?" She looked to her side as her eyes got used to the sun to see Silver sitting with a cup of orange juice in hand.

"What did you do to me?"

"I pretty sure I dropped you so fast that there was a vacuum taking all the air out your lungs. It also knocked you out."

"Was that you plan after you flew up?"

"Nope. Completely improvised. I was just trying to get some space between us." They let the silence sink in while Silver took a sip of the orange juice. Kyoka felt the grass around her. Parts of the roof was seared and burnt. The breeze from the roof was not helping the smell. She brought her knees to her chest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kyoka looked at the sky. Her father taught her not to beat around the bush but god she really wanted to.

"I don't like when people don't take me seriously. I'm not a kid. I can fight."

"Why do you feel like you have to be seriously."

"Because if I'm not taken serious...What if someone hurts people because I'm not strong?"

"What if someone dies because I wasn't strong enough for the villain to even take seriously?"

"Well then you improve." Kyoka looked at Silver with a semi sarcastic smile.

"Using my own Moto against me. But crude don't you think?"

"Whatever to help me find out what's bothering you so much."

"..."

"..."

"You don't have..."

"It happened when I was young. My mother and I were coming back from an ice cream parlor. I begged her to take me for weeks. I could have went with one of our drivers or guards but I wanted her to do it. I rarely see her because her schedule was so crowded. But one day she finally made space for me. Then a villain showed up. He was a monster and he had saw us..."

—Flasheback—

People were running and screaming. Others were terrified on the ground. Some were just dead. Of course Kyoka's mother shielded her from it all. The man walked up to them. His eyes were crazed his hand bloody and mouth dripping with blood. The smells of blood was like pennies and it was intoxicating. He seemed so calm. Like he was taking a stroll through a park. It terrified a young Kyoka who was held by her mother as they cowered next to the car.