Talk to me Bambina

⚠️TW-talks of abuse, self-harm, su!c!dal thoughts, and more⚠️

Summary- All had gone well, while that was until Carina noticed a shift in her wife's behavior. Maya was getting triggered easily and seemed to be disassociated. What happens when Carina sees something on Mayas body she wasn't supposed to see?

—————whole story from carinas POV——————
The whole day had gone good except for a few little things. The hospital was slower than normal meaning I mostly did paper work through out the day. Although, I had received a text from Andy saying that Maya wasn't herself today. She had been getting triggered from things easily and wasn't acting normal. I decided to make spaghetti and meatballs to see if that would cheer up Maya because it was her favorite meal. I had almost been done making it when I heard the door unlock to see a tired, not herself Maya. My thoughts immediately went to what if she was having really bad thoughts again.

"Hi Bambina!" I said cheerfully as Maya just flashed me a smile and walked to the room.

Maya had just walked away no hi, no nothing. That wasn't her normally even after a bad work day, she was her cheerful self at home. Me and Maya had a deal that she'd tell me if she ever was having bad thoughts again but for Maya that was hard so I went a little easy on her when she didn't tell me. I heard the shower turn on and then off a few minutes later. I plated the spaghetti as Maya walked out and sat down.

"Are you okay Bella? You weren't yourself earlier" I asked with my calm,soothing voice.

"I'm fine." Maya responded harshly.

When Maya responded harshly, she usually had thoughts that made her respond like that. Most of the time, she was having thoughts about her father or her childhood. That's also what made her self-harm in many ways not just cutting. I could read my wife like a book and I knew she wasn't okay. I finished my plate of spaghetti as she took a few bites and walked to the room. I stayed behind for a bit to clean up the kitchen. The door was open and I could see Maya putting on grey sweat pants with a black tank top. She preferred to sleep like that or naked as it was just comfortable for her. I soon went into the bedroom to see Maya laying down staring blankly at the wall. This wasn't the Maya I knew, she never wanted to sleep right after work unless the shift was draining her but even then she'd tell me about it.

"Bambina, what's wrong? You never want to sleep at this time." I asked her awaiting an answer.

"I'm fine Carina. Just like I had said earlier. Just a draining shift I guess" she responded, as I could tell thoughts flooded her mind.

Maya had seemed very dissociated. Making me think she had bad thoughts and maybe could've acted on them. That made me scared but I had to be calm for her so that I'd be able to help her.

"Bambina, are you having those thoughts again?" I asked sitting up to look at her.

"Just because I want to sleep now means I'm having bad thoughts again? Carina I'm fine. Just. Drop. It." She responded closing her eyes.

"No bella, I know you. You seemed very dissociated today, you aren't yourself, and much more. I'm not implying that you're having those thoughts, there is just tell tale signs I know about you" I responded as she sat up in bad also.

"Drop. It. Carina. I'm fine. No bad thoughts. No nothing!" Maya said close to yelling.

I knew not to push too hard on Maya or else she would push even harder away from me. And I couldn't have that happen especially right now. Maya had turned to try and go back to sleep when I saw something I shouldn't have seen. Her thighs..., her fingers... she had in fact harmed herself. I stared at her blankly trying to think of what to say next when Maya turned and looked down. She quickly covered herself back up trying to hide everything I had just seen but it was too late.