Shadows Unveiled

Haileys POV-

It was a seemingly slow day in the bullpen of intelligence well at least that was until something extreme happened. Well, at least in the eyes of Hailey Upton it was something extreme that she'd never have expected to happen. Voight walked out of his office after just getting off of the phone. He looked at Hailey with a serious face. Almost as if something was wrong. That was until he spoke.

"We've got a case. Ray Upton. Caught off of drug trafficking and sexual abuse," He started explaining, before my face changed from happy to shocked.

"Hailey, you okay?" Voight asked, seeing my face.

"Sarge, that's my dad" I said, as the whole team looked at me in shock.

"I'm not conflicted with the case. I mean, I haven't talked to him in years but I think you could have him in on much more than just drug trafficking and sexual abuse. I also can't be seen by him no matter what happens," I started to explain, as everyone gave me a questionable look.

"And why is that?" Voight asked, asking for the whole team.

"I- He abused me and much more, which is the reason you could probably get him on more charges. If he sees me, he'll try his hardest to hurt me. Which is coming from what he did at my last job" I explained, sounding carelessly.

"Alright Hailey, you do anything you can to help without getting hurt. Everyone else, we need to talk to this guy and figure everything out!" Voight yelled, walking back into his office.

The whole team stared at me for a few seconds before returning to work. I only summarized everything about the abuse and not even Jay knew some of this. I knew when I got home, Jay would most likely ask me about it which I now expected.

"We're going to have to interrogate him but I don't know how much we'll be able to get out of him," Jay said looking at us as he started putting photos up on the whiteboard. As well as writing descriptions and other things there.

"Alright, Halstead and Burgess go and see what you can get out of him. I'll watch from behind the mirror," Voight said, walking out of his office and following Jay plus Kim to the interrogation room.

"Let me watch with you. Please Sarge," I said, walking up to Voight as he nodded.

Once we were ready to get the interrogation going, Jay and Kim started asking all these questions. Luckily, they never brought me up and he didn't even know that I worked with them. Next thing I know, we were walking out to discuss everything.

"That got us nowhere. We need more to be able to charge him with the max sentence. What should we do now?" Jay said, as I looked back at Voight.

"Let me go in there," I said, looking at Voight to await an answer.

"Hailey, you know you shouldn't be in there. You said earlier you shouldn't even be seen by him," Voight said, looking back at me.

"I can get something out of him if I use myself as an advantage or starting point. Someone can even go in there with me just in case he decides to try something," I explained, hoping that Voight would let me.

"Fine, but Halstead has to be in there with you and if anything happens I'm going in there" Voight said, giving me a stern look as I nodded in return.

Voight and Kim walked back into the other room to watch us from behind the mirror. Jay just stared at me as if he knew something unpredictable could easily happen. I took a deep breath before looking at Jay and receiving a nod from him. I opened the door and walked in with Jay right next to me. Everyone knew we were together so they trusted Jay to keep me safe.

"There's my favorite daughter! How you doin' Hailey?" my dad said, looking at me like I was there to save him.

"First of all, I'm your only daughter and I am nowhere near your "favorite". Second of all, you know why you're here and I do too. So, why'd you do it?" I said standing to the side of my dad without being too close.

"I didn't do anything. Are you really going to believe those people out there?!?" He said, giving me a look that brought me back to when I was younger.

"Yes, because I work with them and I have the scars to prove everything they are saying. Do you need to see them again? Or do you remember what you did to me?" I said, my hands on my hips.

"I didn't do anything to you. Why don't you go run away like you always used to do when you were younger" he said, staring straight into my eyes.

"Oh, I forgot you're also a manipulative bitch. Lets just see the scars, huh?" I said, lifting my shirt and sleeves up just revealing a few of many scars I had.

"Alright, alright, I did that to you but that was because you were a bad kid. I wouldn't do that to other kids," he replied, staring at the scars.

"Oh yea, I watched you do it when I was younger and you know avoiding everything isn't helping yourself. I can attest to everything they are saying about you. Just tell me who you did it to?" I said, as he nodded in return.

"Alright, maybe I was doing things I shouldn't have like the drug thing and whatever else," he said.

"Just say it, who did you do it to? If it wasn't me! I could easily tell them who you did it to when I was younger or you could tell me who you did it to now and I'd withhold everything I already know" I said, trying to guilt trip him into giving me a good enough answer.

"Deal then. I did it to the neighbors kids that I was babysitting, alright?" he whispered, as I stared at him and looked back at Jay.

"What about the drugs? Where was that at?" I exclaimed, as he stared at the wall.

"The park or whatever. That's all I'm telling ya for now! GET OUT, YOU'LL NEVER BE MY CHILD!" he yelled, as me and jay walked out to meet Voight and Kim.

"And... there you go!" I said, smiling at them.

"That's good but you know we have to know what happened when you were younger" Voight said, as I nodded in return.

"I know that was just to guilt trip him. He is very easy to guilt trip. I used to do it a lot to him when I was younger," I explained, as we walked back into the bullpen.

"Hailey, Jay. You can go home but Hailey write me a statement about everything and have it on my desk tomorrow!" Voight yelled, as me and Jay walked out to our car.

The car ride home was silent except for a few sighs. I'm guessing Jay didn't know what to think about everything he saw and heard. I didn't open up to anyone about my past like Jay,Voight, and Kim saw/heard today. I knew when we got home Jay would start asking me about it even if I didn't want him to. The car ride was short, so we got home fairly quickly. I walked inside, setting all my stuff on the counter and going into our room to change. I walked into the bathroom and realized Jay was waiting for me outside the door.

"How come I haven't heard about any of this or seen any of the scars?" Jay asked, as we walked over to the couch and sat down.

"I don't like telling people about it. I'm already going to have to write a statement about everything for everyone to see either way," I said, staring at the ground.

"What did he do to you Hailey?" Jay questioned with a stern look on his face that reminded me of my fathers.

"I- He sexually abused me, drugged me, and much more that I don't feel like getting into," I said, walking to the counter so I could start writing my statement down or at least what I wanted to use as my statement. After a little amount of time, the paper was finished and I decided to go to bed. To which Jay was already laying down asleep. The next morning went by fairly quickly and I put the statement on Voight's desk. Luckily, no one used anything against me and we ended up putting my father in prison for many years. All I could hope was that after his prison sentence, he never showed up to my work or did anything to me. I opened up to Jay and the team a bit more before deciding I was done having to relive everything my father did to me. I was happy enough that he got his karma, prison!