Nurturing Love❤️❤️

I randomly wrote this so I don't even know if it sounds good or not but you know. I want to make another book but I don't know if I should or not. Tbh I probably will do it. Anyway, enjoy this sickfic of Carina taking care of a sick Maya who just wants to be cuddled!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

If there was one thing that Carina Deluca looked forward to after a hard day at work, it was her wife, Maya Bishop. After delivering many babies to different mommas, or even just doing check ups on soon to be mommas, Maya had always made her happy in one way or another. The two had met at a bar or a little bit before that time when Maya was delivering a nose to Grey + Sloan hospital. To be clear, she had found this nose in the woods after a man was dropped off at the hospital without it. Ever since then, the two hit it off. Although going through their own hardships, nothing could stop them. They had a different type of connection. One that no other couple could achieve no matter how hard they tried. On the other hand for Maya, she had the day off which came in luck for her. She had woken up feeling sick in every way possible. There was no run that morning or anything Maya would normally do in her routine. All she wanted was Carina so she could feel safe wrapped up in her arms. But she didn't want to feel like a burden by calling Carina and asking her to come home. So instead, she just waited it out. Waiting to hear the door open or any sign that Carina was home.

 Carina's POV-

At work while being an OB/GYN, it was momma after momma after momma. Not that I never liked helping people and wanting to make sure their baby was healthy. Just sometimes, it got a little too much. Overwhelming much. I was tired. Exhausting even. Who knew delivering babies could be such hard work as a doctor. I expected to get home and see Maya doing her afternoon workout as she called it. She couldn't miss a workout for the life of her no matter how hard you got her to just give herself a break. But I pushed open the door and saw nothing. Immediately, I was worried for the sake of Maya.

"Bambina, I'm home!" I yelled, only to hear my voice echo throughout the house. I put my stuff on the counter and walked over to the couch in hopes of finding something but I was left with nothing.

Naturally, I decided to try our room as it was our day off and maybe she was just doing some self-care. The door to our room was closed so I quietly opened it. I pushed open the door, my heart naturally aching at the sight I was left with. Maya curled up in bed looking so small and vulnerable. She was of course sleeping on my side of the bed grasping onto my pillow. Walking over, I crouched down so our eyes would be perfectly aligned. I moved a couple of strands of hair out of her face before putting my hand on her head and wincing at the heat that was radiating off of it.

"Maya, Bambina. Open those pretty eyes for me," I whispered soothingly, realizing she was sick and probably felt like trash.

"Hm," Maya said, her eyes still closed although she was quick to open them when her body jolted up and she went into a coughing fit. "Your home. What time is it?" she asked, her voice raspy as she was still coughing.

"Deep breathes Bambina, it'll help stop the coughs," I rubbed my hand up and down her back, feeling her lungs crackle. Maya was rarely sick and when she was it was bad bad. "It's a little after 6:30. How are you feeling?" I asked, once her coughing was slowing down. I sat behind her in bed as she leaned into me and was wearing multiple layers. I knew we had to get some off although she was going to be mad about it.

"Aw man. I missed my workouts," she frowned. "Everything hurts and it's really cold," she whispered, her head lying on my chest while she did her best to curl the rest of her body close together.

An hour earlier

Maya's POV-

I woke up feeling like crap. Carina was working although she should be home in about an hour if she doesn't get held back. It was freezing cold and I had no energy to do anything. The contents that were in my stomach were now gone as I had thrown up earlier but couldn't get myself to stomach anything else. My body didn't want to rest for the earlier hours of the day but once it hit the afternoon. It had finally let in. Letting me fall asleep to hopefully recover from whatever this is.