Blood Bound

"I don't care Lil. You got suspended. It's your fault you're here," I said, dragging Lily, my younger sister, into work with me.

"But It wasn't my fault. Maybe just listen to my side of the story for once," Lily whined, rolling her eyes as we walked into the bullpen.

It was very rare for me to bring Lily into the bullpen because normally she'd just hang out with her friends after school or go out and do something. But this time was different. She had gotten suspended for getting into a fight with another kid she apparently doesn't even know. It was half way through the day when I got the call to pick her up which is why she had to come back to the station with me.

"Go into the break room and do homework. Your phone is gone for however long Will says it is," I said, as everyone watched her go and walk into the break room before sitting on the couch.

"What happened now?" Hailey, my girlfriend, asked.

"Got into a fight with a random kid and now she's suspended," I explained, as everyone looked at me.

Lily was always so close with me even when I would get her in trouble. Will was close to her too but not as close as she was with me. I could tell today was different though because she seemed to hate me. The whole team stared as Lily walked out of the break room and straight up to me.

"Jay, can you please just listen to me? It wasn't my fault. Also, I need my phone," Lily said, as my eyebrow went up.

"Will said it's gone for a few days. I also heard both sides of what happened already Lil. And what do you need your phone for?" I asked.

"To do my math homework. I need a calculator" she explained.

"I'll help you do it later" I said, as Lily walked back into the break room and laid on the couch staring at the ceiling.

"You sure you heard both sides already?" Kim asked, as her and Hailey gave each other a look.

"Yup, I had to sit there and hear the principal talk and then watch both kids explain their sides." I replied, looking back into the break room.

Lily was acting differently and I guess Hailey and Kim picked up on it pretty easily. The guys not so much. They really didn't care to listen about what was going on. I decided I was going to go see Will at the hospital just so I could tell him what's happening.

"I'll be back. Will wants me to go to the hospital and see him really quick," I explained, as I left the break room and went on my way to the hospital which wasn't far from the station.

Lilys POV-

I was laying down on the couch in the break room playing with the rings on my fingers because I had nothing else to do. Of course, Jay wouldn't actually listen to my side of the story and instead decided to follow what the principal had said. My principal is biased so either way, it was going to be the wrong story. I heard Jay say he was going to go to the hospital and what sounded like update Will on my situation. I heard the bullpen door close and Hailey and Kim start whispering to each other. Although, I couldn't make out what they were saying. I had a history of picking at my fingers badly when I was nervous which is why I started wearing rings to play with but sometimes that didn't even help. The only person who knew this though was Hailey and Kim. We called ourselves the dynamic trio because of how close I was to them. I kept playing with my rings when I heard Hailey and Kim walk in.

"Whats up?" I said, as they just stared at me.

"What happened now Lil?" Hailey asked, as I sat up and both Kim plus Hailey sat on either side of me.