Andrew/ Andrea

It had been a few days since Andrew Deluca, Carina's brother who she loved dearly. Carina had been struggling loads as she was close to her brother especially after everything that happened while she was growing up. She was taking days off from the hospital because Grey-Sloan reminded her most of her brother. On the other hand, Maya had been working but not as much because she knew that she had to be there for Carina whenever she could be. What Carina hadn't known is that Maya had taken the day off today specifically.

Carinas POV-

I hadn't slept since that night. I had watched my own brother die and there was nothing I could do to save him. Maya had been there for me as much as possible but even that couldn't get me up to do anything. I stayed in bed most days rarely getting up. I knew that this was going to affect me but all I could think about was Andrea and what had happened the night he died. The scenario kept replaying in my head. Maya holding me back as I was bawling my eyes out. The bed was a mess from me not getting up much, the house hadn't been cleaned, and I hadn't eaten much either, meaning most of the food was still left the same way it was just a few nights ago.

Mayas POV-

I had briefly gone to work just to update Andy. I had been close to Andy from a young age so of course once I started dating Carina, she was always worried about Carina. I updated her quickly and briefly before heading back to my car and driving home. Carina wasn't eating, sleeping, nothing and I knew that today I'd have to get her to do any one of these things. She was having nightmares almost every night and sometimes they were even multiple times a night. On my way home, I decided to stop by the store to buy a few things for her. I quickly ran into Target grabbing a bouquet of flowers, fruit plus a few others I thought she'd like to eat/drink, and a few new blankets/pillows to see if that would help her. I paid using self-checkout and quickly walked back to the car while driving home. Carina thought I was working today but in reality, I decided to stay home with her. I arrived home and unlocked the door to see Carina zoning out, laying in bed.

Carinas POV-

I heard the door unlocked and didn't know who it was. Maya was working but that was okay. Hearing the door unlock sent me back to reality when I quickly looked over to see Maya putting a few things on the counter in the kitchen. She then started walking to the room looking at me with empathy.

"Hi Car," She said, walking to sit on her side of the bed.

"Hi" I responded, not looking at her.

"How are you?" she asked, knowing I wasn't really going to respond.

I shrugged my shoulders in response. Maya had known I would need space and would ask me about everything she was going to do before she actually did it. She'd ask me before touching me, covering me, and anything else. Even if I told her to do it.

"Do you wanna try to eat something?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said, with tears filling my eyes.

There was one rule I had and that was saying "too soft" when something made me want to cry. Maya had already known this but overtime, it had started going away only around her. I started crying in front of her and that's how she knew something really affected me.

"What do you want to do? We can cuddle, go lay on the couch, I can help you shower, whatever you want to do." she explained, putting her hand out for me as I took it into my own hand.

"Sh- shower please" I said, tears slowly running down my face as Maya nodded and got up to go get the shower ready.

Mayas POV-

I got out of bed slowly and walked to our bathroom. I turned on the water just how she liked it and got everything else ready. I was surprised she actually agreed to getting out of bed but it was something. I didn't know if she wanted me there but I still gathered extra clothes just in case. I walked out to go get her and saw her crying.