Part 2

You see through right to the heart of me

You break down my walls with the strength of your love

Kierra

"Hi, Dr. Stevens," I greet upon answering my office phone. Okay, well really it's Michael's office that he lets me use from time to time. We make sure we don't go in there at the same time because, well, neither one of us manages to get enough work done as we should if we do.
"Ms. Walker, how soon can I see you? I have the results of your ultrasound and I would like to share them with you in person." Dr. Stevens is my fertility doctor. Michael insisted on me going a month after I moved here. He just wanted to be sure we could actually start a family before we began planning for one. "Is everything alright," I ask, worry beginning to rear its ugly head.
"It's just better if we discussed this in person," he replies.
Judging from Dr.Steven's voice, this news doesn't sound good at all. I hang up the phone, after setting an appointment for ten tomorrow morning, only to find Michael standing in the doorway behind me.
"Shit! Michael, wear a bell next time," I say, hand on my chest. He doesn't seem the least bit amused, based off the look he has in his eyes.
"What did he say," He asks and I swear, I can feel the concern radiating off of him. As if I didn't know it when I got with him, Michael is a family oriented man. Family means the world to him. He's already began to mention baby names as if it's his biological clock that's ticking, not mine. Yeah, I know I'm only twenty-seven, but that's besides the point.
"He needs to see me tomorrow is all. He has the ultrasound results," I tell him. Oh no. I saw that twinkle in his eye and I know what I just walked into.
"You think you might be pregnant," he asks, excitedly. I shrug my shoulders and look away. God knows I absolutely love Michael, but he has a tendency to accidently pick at scabs that are very slow healers.
"I can't wait to turn the guest bedroom into a nursey. What do you think we'd have?"
"Baby," I groan, "We've had this conversation." Then, everything stops. Michael shoots me a look like I've just Godzilla'd his dreams.
"Well, damn, Kierra," Hearing my actual name is a clear sign that I have fucked up severely, "I can't dream too? You're not the only one who was hurt when you miscarried!" With that, he storms out of the office.
"Dammit," I grunt. Why don't I just be quiet sometimes? Now look what I did.

Michael
I'm sitting on the swings, tears falling out of my eyes. I get that Sweets is still reeling from the miscarriage, but she's not the only one. The day she after she came here, she told me she started taking birth control pills. I had to act like I wasn't hurting so she wouldn't feel any pressure. But, Damn. She can at least entertain the thought of us having children. For me, at least. Deep into my thoughts, I don't even notice the figure standing in front of me.
"Honey," she calls, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention. She settles herself on my lap and wraps her arms around my neck.
"Please understand where I'm coming from," she pleads.
"I'm really trying Sweets, but baby. I'm ready to be a father. You'd be a wonderful mother and I'd help you if you ever felt it was to be too much. You know I would." She smiles and kisses my lips.
"I know you would, hon. But, it's just I'm scared. And I'm just not ready to share you yet. But, I'm willing to compromise with you. So if it comes back that we can have children, then six months after we get married, we can start planning for a family." A smile touches my lips as I gape up at her. She's finally ready. Almost. It's a start.
"But until then, I'll be the only one calling you Daddy." As soon as she says that, we both begin to laugh. She's the only one I can be pissed at one minute then laugh with the next. We end up laughing so hard, we fall off the swing. First, we look at the ground. Then at each other. Once we do, we end up laughing at each other again.

------------------------------
Yay! An update that ended so happily! Now whose ready for some wedding drama? *Raises hand* Come Lovelies! Raise em high! But Anyway,

Shoot me a comment
Slap me a vote
See ya next update! Love ya loves.