Part 7

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door.

Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.

Michael

Five whole days. It's been five whole days since she left. I haven't heard a word from her either. I wish she'd walk in right now. I wish I could hear her laugh right now. I'd do anything to get her back right now. Taking a shot of my drink, I wipe the rest of the tears away from my face.

"He's right in here. He comes in here everyday at noon because that's the time Kierra would be off of work," a voice tells someone. I don't want to deal with anyone right now.

"Mike," I hear a gruff voice call. Oh, I know that voice anywhere. I'm met face to face with my manager, Frank Dileo. As much as I love Frank, I am so not in the mood to be lectured. I meet his voice with a groan of my own.

"What are you doing, kid? Shouldn't you be planning a wedding right now or somewhere in the studio," He asks, lifting my head out of my hands. Before I can explain, another voice calls out,

"He didn't handle his business, so Kierra did it for him. And she left." That's Ms. Delia. I love her too, but I don't need a lecture from her either.

"Drinking your pain away is not going to get her back, Michael," she says, taking the bottle and glass away from me.

"Then what will," I cry, "She won't return my calls, answer my texts. I don't even know where she is." I place my face back into my hands to catch the fresh tears that are about to fall out. Frank pats my shoulder before saying,

"What about her assistant? They're best friends. If anyone knows where she is, it'll be her."

"I tried Katie already, Frank. Kierra's not there. She doesn't have any clue where Sweets could be." I feel the lump in my throat grow a bit larger, stopping the rest of my speech. Frank pulls me in for a hug to cry the rest of it out.

Kierra

I kick off my heels once I enter Katie's house. She's such an amazing friend for letting me crash here while I try to figure what to do about me and Michael.

"Kie-Kie! Is that you," Katie calls to me. She walks out in her pink and green fuzzy pajamas, hair all over the place.

"Hey, boo. If you're not too tired, do you want to go shopping later?" I scrunch up my nose and shake my head as I head to the refrigerator. Honestly, I don't want to go anywhere at all. I just want to curl up in bed and cry while listening to "I Will Always Love You." Yes, that has been a nightly ritual of mine ever since I stormed out. I pour myself a glass of orange juice and place myself on the counter.

"Uh-uh. Now you know we don't drink orange juice without Tequila in it," Katie grins at me wickedly. She opens the cupboard next to my head and pulls out Don Julió Blanco.

"No way, Quetiana Rene. Last time I drank with you, we were almost arrested for streaking," I laugh. Katie is just as crazy as I am, only thing is hers trumps mine any day of the week. That's partly the reason I came to stay with her. She gives me twenty minutes to fall apart then grabs the shot glasses so I can get my turn up on. And honestly with all the stress from work, Michael, and the baby, I just need to live a--

"Whoa, Kie-Kie you okay," Katie asks. I must have started falling because Katie's standing in front of me, holding me up. Jesus, I totally shouldn't have drunken those two shots of Tequila. I completely forgot about my baby. Ugh, I was so selfish.

"Yeah, I'm just feeling a little light-headed. I'll be right back," I hop off the counter and head upstairs. I, first, make sure Katie didn't follow me because she likes to come outta nowhere like the girl has a degree in Ninja-ology. Then, I grab my prenatal vitamins and a bottle of water. Thank goodness for that little episode in the kitchen. Sometimes, I forget to take the pills. Suddenly, I hear a loud banging on Katie's front door. If that's that crazy ass neighbor coming to complain about the robots in Katie's yard, I am calling the insane asylum because she needs to be in a nice, padded room. But, it's not. It's Michael. What is he doing here? Does he know I'm here?

"Hey, um, Katie. I was just wondering if Sweets called you, or contacted you," He stammers. Knowing him, he's standing there scratching his neck like he does when he gets nervous or is under pressure. He doesn't like it when he's nervous, so as soon as he starts, he puts hands behind his back to try and hide it.

"Michael, when you called four hours ago, I told you. She's not here." Once Katie says that, I imagine him slumping his shoulders and staring at his feet.

"Well okay. But when you see her, could you give her a message. Tell her that I miss her. And I need her. I mean, I can't see myself with anyone but her. She's the only woman to wake me up by spraying me with a super soaker," We both giggle at that.

"I really hate myself for hurting her, but I hate that I didn't chase her and tell her how much I really love her. So if you see her, tell her that for me. Please."

"Okay. Sure. Goodbye, Michael." Before I can stop myself, I yell out,

"Baby?"

Ooohh Y'all thought it was about to be that simple! No, no. Deal with this cliffhanger hehehe!

Gimme a comment

Shoot me a vote

Share if ya want!

And shout out to xBuddhistx for being the real MVP for letting me live with her. Shots and Sleepovers, babe! I love my girl, y'all.

But anyways, Love ya Loves. ---SimplyKayJay---