Not a Day She Never Thinks of You (2)

In honour of the Mother's Day, heres a continuation of the last fic as requested by Clarizsan110. Thank you for reading, I hope you like it. Comments are also appreciated xo.

What if May overheard Daisy and Robins conversation (S5 spoilers)

~

The conversation May had with Robin was hard to believe, at least for May. She swore off being a mother a long time ago. So the thought of being a mother was strange, almost terrifying, it was unbelievable.

She came to check on Robin again, instead she saw her with Daisy. She didn't mean to overhear the conversation but Robin's words caught her attention.

"Mom missed you so much, it was in her aura everyday, like there was a hole in her heart, which I could never fill. There wasn't a day she never thought of you, Daisy"

May stepped backwards quietly, she was surprised and had a strange feeling that almost felt like melancholy. Knowing you were a mom, and then knowing you lost a child (in that reality at least) put heavy weights on her heart. She has thought of losing Daisy multiple times-it made her do her job in protecting the team, but it also breaks her heart. If she can't imagine being a mom, let alone losing a child.

It was a different kind of grief, she felt a grief that somehow wasn't hers, but was hers to feel. It's a grief lurking only in the shadows, it makes her feel that someday, soon, she could lose this kid (again), her kid.

So she stepped backwards, away from the room of the crying children, if she would be losing a child, she would make sure it will not be now. Not now, not when she just realized that she could be a mother- that she is a mother.

...

"it's hard to believe"

"-that we can do it?"

"That i was a mom, i just, i can't see it"

"I can"

"Yeah you'll be that no phone, no tv, 7:30 curfew kind of mom"

May glared at Daisy's interruption

"you're kind of... proving my point with the... face"

"Oh? Was I that to you?" May asked curiously

Carelessly, without looking up Daisy answered "we don't have much tv, and curfews are really hard with our line of work, but yeah pretty much"

May's glare turned into a worried look. If she can't imagine being a mother, let alone being a horrible one. When Daisy felt the silence was too long she looked up and saw May's face.

"But- you were good, it was... nice, I had structure that I needed. You were good" Daisy reassured

Another silence- much comfortable now- a time for May to piece everything together. If May couldn't imagine being a mother. Let alone being a good one.

"You... you were already a mom before now, before you realized it. Before..." Daisy tried to swallow the lump that suddenly formed in her throat

"Before Robin" Daisy tried to hide the sob by clearing her throat and looking away. But her watery eyes couldn't get past May (it never did). The thought of May being a mother- a good mother to Daisy gave her hope and relief, so she holds on to that.

May reached for Daisy, hugged her tight for the second time today. May couldn't be happier, she felt complete. So this is what she could have a long time ago if she did not deny that the care and love she felt for Daisy is maternal, if she accepted that the unconditional love she's willing to give is as precious as a mothers love- she could've given it more, show it more. May savored every bit of the hug of the memory and she held onto that.

Daisy looked up to Coulson, extended her hand for him to join the hug, and so he did.

"You're our first baby girl, then" May kid, wiping her own happy tears. Daisy laughed but she nodded.