ALL I NEED: 5

I am a moth
Who just wants to share your light
I'm just an insect
Trying to get out of the night
I only stick with you
Because there are no others

I am a mothWho just wants to share your lightI'm just an insectTrying to get out of the nightI only stick with youBecause there are no others

WARNING: safe sex themes, dark humor, blood depiction.

*italics are the central narrator
commentary*

2006

                PATRICK and Tashi laid on her bed, after having sex.

Tashi was trying to find a way to brought up, in a subtle way, the topic that kept making her feel like she was missing important information about what Art said to her.

"I missed you. You have no idea how lonely it is on tour." Patrick expressed leaning his body towards hers.

"Art is a great tennis player, don't you think?" She asked.

"I just told you I missed you... We just had— what I think it was the best sex of our lives and you want to talk about my friend's tennis skills?" He stared at her.

Tashi shrugged her shoulders standing up from bed, "Well, he's good looking, he's smart..."

"Tashi. Is there something you want to ask me? Why—" He pushed his arms, sitting on bed.

He gave her an incredulous look, "Am I still playing for your number? And now Art is on the "match" too?" He said making quotations with his fingers.

"You always think you've won before the match is over." She stated, while dressing up.

"Is this hypothetical match slipping away from my hands or..."

Tashi scoffed, giving him a mean glare, "No. It feels like you are playing a different match, one that does not involve me." She gritted her teeth.

"What— are we still talking about tennis?" He stood up.

"We're always talking about tennis." She responded.

He gave her a dry laugh, "Is it? Is this about tennis? If you have something to say or ask me, do it." Truth is, Patrick was scared about what she was gonna ask next.

"Are you cheating on me?" She almost whispered.

Patrick's face went through a lot of emotions, his face settling down in a frown.